If you’re a Pennsylvania resident and are currently receiving SNAP and want to renew the Pennsylvania Food Stamps at www.compass.state.pa.us, this article is for you. Here we describe the step-by-step instructions for renewing your benefits via the Kompass website if you have a PA Compass benefit account.
In the state of Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) is responsible for the administration and administration of the Pennsylvania Food Stamps program for eligible households. The COMPASS website is designed and maintained by DHS. The website provides residents with online access to many of Pennsylvania’s health and welfare services.
Advantages of the COMPASS website
The COMPASS website www.compass.state.pa.us is a single access point for the use of:
1. Health insurance
- Medical assistance
- Medicaid for ex-foster youth
- Medical assistance for workers with disabilities (MAWD)
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Health insurance market
2. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
3. Cash assistance
4. Long Term Living Services – at home and in the community
5. Long term care – nursing home and related facilities
6. Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
7. Free or reduced school meals
8. Childcare works
www.compass.state.pa.us renew the services
The COMPASS website provides Pennsylvania residents with a quick and easy way to access public benefits anytime, anywhere. Once you’ve created your account online, you can
- Apply for new benefits
- Upload your confirmation documents
- Check the status of your benefit claim
- Renew existing services
- View and manage your performance information
- Report changes to your case
- Find out more about the benefits and see if you qualify
- Receive e-notifications
Note that the easiest way to apply for a Pennsylvania public assistance program is through the Department of Health and Human Services COMPASS website Compass.state.pa.us. But first you have to Create a Compass.state.pa.us account online. If you haven’t already, follow the step-by-step steps below to complete the whole process.
How to create a Compass.state.pa.us account
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create a PA COMPASS account to manage your benefits.
- To sign up for a COMPASS account, visit the PA COMPASS website.
- On the start page, press “LOGIN / REGISTER” in the upper right corner of the page.
- Next, you will be directed to the COMPASS account registration form. From there, simply enter your personal information such as first name, last name, date of birth and email address.
- Then enter your username (you can also use your email address as your username) and your password.
- Note that you can also use the same username and password that you created for your COMPASS account to access other Commonwealth services, e.g. For example, the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Information Solution, PA Disaster Education Registration, PA Child Support Program, and JobGateway.
- After choosing your username and password, proceed to the next step, where you will select and answer three secret questions to help you log into your account in case you forget your username or password.
- To complete the process, you need to select program options. This will allow you to link your existing case to your COMPASS account.
- Then accept the “Terms and Conditions” by checking the box below and clicking on “Register” to complete the entire process.
How to successfully create a COMPASS account. There you can apply for, manage or renew your benefits.
www.compass.state.pa.us step to renewal of benefits
To renew the benefits of Pennsylvania Food Stamps or other Pennsylvania state benefits and support, you must visit the Pennsylvania COMPASS website.
Before you can continue to renew the benefits online, you must have received a renewal notification by email. Visit the COMPASS website to renew your benefits. You must identify yourself by providing your social security number, your district / your file and your due date for the renewal. Your county / case record and renewal date will be included in the renewal notice. Now follow the steps below to renew Pa Food Stamps online.
1. Visit www.compass.state.pa.us
2. On the homepage, you will see the link below, “Renew your benefits”.
3. Click the “Renew Your Benefits” link.
4. On the next page you can see the benefits to be renewed. You can only extend the benefits for one department at a time. The benefits that can be renewed on the Pa COMPASS website include:
- Services of the Department of Human Services: Medical Aid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- (Grocery stamps) benefits, cash assistance, waiver of home and community-based services, or long term living
- Services – nursing home and related facilities
- Ministry’s Benefits Department: Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Ministry of Human Services: Childcare subsidized redefinition of childcare
- Apply for LIHEAP (using your COMPASS registration number).
5. Please extend the benefits of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps).
6. Next, provide your Social Security number, county / record, and renewal due date as needed.
7. Click the Sign In button at the bottom right of the page to continue.
8. Please follow the instructions on the screen to complete the renewal process.
Once you are done, your benefits will be successfully renewed and you will continue to receive your benefits.
If you are interested in knowing your Pennsylvania EBT card balance, read this article on How to Check Your Pennsylvania EBT Card Balance to learn the three options to check your Pennsylvania ACCESS card balance.
COMPASS website contact
If you have further questions or require additional information, please call the HELPLINE 1-800-692-7462 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. If you have hearing loss, call TTY / TTD at 1-800-451-5886.
For more questions about www.Compass.state.pa.us renews the advantages websiteyou can use the comments section below.