Training in the Spotlight
New Course Training Alert!
Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Program Directors (TICD)
Trauma-Informed Care for Child Care Program Director Credential Endorsement
Supporting Literacy in School-Age Programs (SLSA)
Opening a Family Child Care Home Program (OPENH) – free course
Registering and taking a course is easy by
clicking the Training and Registry Login link.
View Archived Training Alerts
News and Announcements
Upcoming Provider Meeting/Training Webinar – New Rule Changes for Rule 65C-20, F.A.C. Family Day Care Standards and Large Family Child Care Homes
The Department of Children and Families, Office of Child Care Regulation has completed the rule promulgation process for family day care standards, Chapter 65C-20, Florida Administrative Code regarding Family Day Care Standards and Large Family Child Care Homes that were adopted on June 12, 2019.
The Department is hosting webinars for home providers to review and discuss new standards including suggested ways to achieve and maintain compliance. There are two session times available, please click on the registration link below to register for the date/time that works best for you. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2991105235091248130 .
Upcoming Provider Meeting/Training Webinar – New Rule Changes for Rule 65C-22, F.A.C. Child Care Standards
The Department of Children and Families, Office of Child Care Regulation has completed the rule promulgation process for Chapter 65C-22, Florida Administrative Code regarding child care standards specific to School-age only facilities that were adopted on June 12, 2019.
The Department is hosting webinars for school-age only providers to review and discuss new standards including suggested ways to achieve and maintain compliance. There are two session times available, please click on the registration link below to register for the date/time that works best for you. https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/631123372838215426.
Revised Statement of Estimated Regulatory Costs (SERC)
The Department has prepared a revised statement of estimated regulatory costs (SERC) for Rules 65C-22.001 and .008-.010, F.A.C. A copy of the revised SERC can be obtained by contacting Jodi Abramowitz at [email protected]
2020 Celebrate Literacy Week, Florida!
The 11th annual statewide Celebrate Literacy Week, Florida! (CLW) will take place the week of January 28 – February 1, 2019. This year’s theme is “Spreading Literacy, One View at a Time.” We encourage all providers to help spread the love of reading and the importance of literacy by participating.
- Celebrate Literacy Week 2019 Flyer
Child Care Provider Services Day
The Early Learning Coalition of Northwest Florida and the Department are hosting a Child Care Provider Services Day in Bay county. The two-day event will provide an opportunity for child care providers impacted by Hurricane Michael to:
- Obtain necessary information/forms to recreate files for licensure compliance;
- Fingerprint new child care personnel via a mobile LiveScan vendor (don’t forget to bring your OCA#);
- Meet and talk with ELC staff about reimbursements, Contracts, and Needs Assessment;
- Obtain information from state and federal resources available to assist in recovery; and
- Learn about the USDA Food Program.
Please register today by using the link below to take advantage of this opportunity. View Flier.
Date: February 8th and 9th
Location: * * Florida State University Panama City – Holley Lecture Hall C 4750 Collegiate Drive, Panama City, FL 32405-1099. To register, please visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0948A4AB22AAFB6-provider.
View Archived News and Announcements
One of the most important decisions you will ever make as a parent is choosing quality child care for your child. The following resources are available to help you make a good choice:
- Choosing a Child Care Provider
- Who’s Really Watching Your Child
- Provider Search
- Child Care Programs and Inspections Guide
- About the Gold Seal Quality Care Program
- Gold Seal Providers In Your Area
- Choosing a Safe Summer Camp
- Know Your Child Care Facility English | Spanish
- Quality Checklist: Evaluating Early Learning Programs (Office of Early Learning checklist)
- Family Guide: Selecting Quality Programs for Children (Office of Early Learning brochure)
- Selecting a Family Day Care Home Provider brochure English | Spanish
- Brochures, Fact Sheets, Publications, and Reports
Child Care Provider Licensure/Registration Requirements:
- Laws and Requirements
- Child Care Facility Fact Sheet
- Child Care Licensing Overview
- Large Family Child Care Home Fact Sheet
- Licensed Family Day Care Home Fact Sheet
- Learn About the Licensing/Registration Process and Requirements for Providers
- Licensed Providers
- Registered Providers
- Learn About the Process for Enforcing Child Care Standards
Would you like to leave a comment regarding child care?
- Contact a licensing office
- Submit a comment on-line
For complaints regarding alleged abuse/neglect by a child care provider, call:
Florida Abuse Hotline 1-800-962-2873
For complaints relating to the School Readiness Program or VPK Program, contact your county’s Early Learning Coalition.
For any other concerns/complaints about a child care provider you may file an complaint online or contact Child Care Licensing agency for your area.