The Florida ACCESS System is used by the Florida Department of Children and Family (DCF) to manage financial support programs for families and individuals in need, with an emphasis on financial independence.
If you already have a My Access Florida account and need assistance logging into your account, follow this step-by-step guide. If you don’t have an ACCESS account and need help creating an account, read the instructions for creating a MyAccess account.
Create a MyACCESS Florida account
There are two ways to create one My access florida account. It depends on whether you already have a case number. If you applied for benefits (food stamp / SNAP, temporary cash assistance / TANF, Medicaid, or medical assistance) and received a case number, but you don’t have an ACCESS account, you can create one here.
- The Access Florida case number is an important factor when creating an Access Florida.com account and starting to enjoy the benefits. This case number is always at the top of the letter you receive from your workplace.
- Open your computer’s browser and go to the MyAccessFlorida account creation page. The link provided is the English page of MyAccessFlorida.
- To get started now, click Create Login Account.
- You will be redirected to your MyAccessFlorida account page. To claim the MyAccessFlorida benefits listed above, you will need to enter your name, date of birth, email address and case number (if you have already applied for the benefits), zip code and other requirements.
- Bottom right[Next Step]Click the button.
- If the information provided is correct and everyone is verified, a MyAccessFlorida.com account will be created and you will be able to log in using the credentials provided by MyAccessFlorida.
MyAccessFlorida account is suspended
How do I unlock a suspended Florida Access account?
- Access Call your Florida Customer Service Representative at 1-866-762-2237.
- Notify your representative that you cannot access your MyAccessFlorida account.
- You will be asked to provide personal information such as your Access Florida case number, SSN, DoB, etc.
- Follow the agent’s instructions to unlock your account.
Access Florida registration instructions
If the first system did not work for you, you can try this second registration system, which is explained below:
This article provides a free guide on how to access the online public support by visiting the Myaccessflorida / myaccount login page. You can also download the previous article on the benefits of Access Florida here. To connect people to the DCF program, the Children and Family Department operates the Florida Access Benefits Program.
To continue the registration process, follow these steps to get started.
- Open your browser and go to the My Access website
- When the home page opens, [Create My Account] Click the link and enter the information required to create a Florida My Account.
- The first thing you need to do is create it Access Florida An account consists of collecting all the details that you need to enter online to create an account. The list of details is as follows:
- Date of birth
- email address
- Number (The case number is at the top of each page of the letter you received from the person in charge).
- Whether you live in a particular city (or zip code, if any).
- Then fill out the case information form by typing:
- File number
- Zip code address)
- Recipient name
- Name paid
- Date of birth
- After completing the above steps, you can proceed to the next step. In the next step, you will be prompted to create a new “User ID and Password”.
- Then select and answer the security question