If you have foot problems, the chiropodist He is the professional who will solve them because he is the one who takes care of them, will diagnose you and will indicate the treatment that you should follow with the prescription of medications if he considers it necessary.
In fact, he is the one who has knowledge and skills so that without causing you pain he can prepare the treatment with the therapeutic procedure he has available.
However depending on the problem you have with your feet, do you know if you need a podiatrist or a podiatrist? And in the event that you need a podiatrist or a podiatrist, do you know which one you can turn to in Miami and those who are close to you? But above all, do you know exactly what specialty each term refers to?
What is the role of the podiatrist
One of the functions of the chiropodist is the treatment of corns, calluses, ingrown or thickened nails among other conditions of the skin of the foot.
It also fulfills the function of the indication of plantar orthoses, exploring gait and foot pathologies such as neuromas, spurs, metatarsalgia, diabetic foot, rheumatic foot, treatment of papillomas, and other fungal infections. in addition to the treatment and prevention of ulcers.
In the case of the sports podiatrist, it fulfills its function with the treatment of podiatry from biodynamics.
It even has the ability to perform tests that allow you to reach an accurate diagnosis through analytics, X-rays and biomechanical tests.
It can indicate a pharmacological treatment, an orthopedic treatment and a podiatric surgery treatment.
Although you can be confused with the functions of the podiatrist and those of the podiatrist, the latter deals with diseases of the foot, leg and ankle in all ages of the individual from childhood to old age.
Although there may be differences between one and the other, these are mainly focused on the countries, because while a podiatrist in Latin America is the doctor of the feet, the podiatrist is a professional whose functions can be limited to the aesthetics of the feet, While in other countries the podiatrist is the professional of podiatric medicine specialized in the treatment of the lower part of the legs, ankles and feet, therefore it can indicate a treatment with prostheses, knee pads, indicate a type of special footwear or surgery of ankle or feet.
If you are looking podiatrist in miami you can make the query with:
- Barry University Foot Care Ctr. Phone: 35-859-7777.
- Select Medical Clinic – Sung-Ho Bae DPM. Phone: 305-209-2212.
- Barry University Foot Care Center – Jacqueline Buchman DPM. Phone: 305-893-9366.
- Foot and Ankle Institute – Kevin Berkowitz DPM. Phone: 305-695-7777.
- Goldstein, Wayne M DPM. Phone: 786-662-0600.
- Advanced Foot Care – Harold R Reinhartz DPM. Phone: 786-428-3668.
- Gary Keller DPM. Phone: 305-696-3444.
- Perfectfeetcare Inc. Phone: 305-558-7437.
- Gordon Footcare PA – Andrew Gordon DPM. Phone: 305-532-5630.
- Florida Foot and Ankle – Jerald Carmel DPM. Phone: 305-672-2666.
- Associates Amy Dunetz Family Podiatry Dr. Phone: 305-412-1218.
- Coral Gables Podiatry Center. Phone: 305-444-7114.
- Miami Beach Laser Nail Therapy Clinic – Toenail Fungus Treatment. Phone: 310-751-7003.
- Jim Francois DPM Foot and Ankle Surgery Clinic. Phone: 786-657-2757.
- Nasr Foot and Ankle Center. Phone: 305-220-3636.
- Gary L Curson PA. Phone: 305-865-2281.
- Perfect foot care – Juliette Pérez DPM. Phone: 305-225-4277.
- Urgent Foot and Ankle Care – Liana G Seldin DPM. Phone: 305-856-6441.
- Marizeli A. Olacio, DPM: Omega Medical Group. Phone: 305-514-0404.
- If you are looking for a podiatra near me (near me) Follow this step by step and you will find the podiatrist closest to your home:
- Accede to https://doctor.webmd.com/find-a-doctor/specialty/podiatric-medicine/florida/miami
- You must complete the corresponding field with the name of the doctor, specialty, condition or procedure then you will write podiatrist and in the next field you will enter miami and then click on Find doctors.
- Immediately, the system will show you a list of podiatrists near you with the postal address and you can filter by distance, qualifications, name or experience.
- The foot specialists They are the professionals who are in charge of the care and treatment of the feet such as the orthopedist who performs his function evaluating the musculoskeletal system including the joints, tendons, bones, nerves and muscles.
- In turn, the podiatrist is another specialist who deals with the diagnosis and treatment of alterations and diseases of the foot.
If you are looking podiatrists in miami You can also go to:
- Palmetto Podiatry Institute: 7150 W 20th Ave. Ste 114, Hialeah, FL 33016.
- Tamara D Fishman, DPM. 1100 NE 163rd St. Ste 101, North Miami Beach, FL 33162.
- Southernmost Foot & Ankle Specialists, 975 Baptist Way. Homestead, FL 33033.
- Richard L Seda, DPM. 1345 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
- Ankle and Foot Care Centers of Miami. 13878 SW 88th St, Miami, FL 33186.
- Southernmost Foot & Ankle Specialists. 975 Baptisit Way. Ste 101. Homestead, FL 33033.
- Sweetwater Foot Care, 11389 W Flagler St. Miami, FL 33174.
- Inesta Flavia A. 1797 SW 3rd Ave, Miami, FL 33129.
- Amy DeGirolamo, DPM, FACFAS. 1609 NW 14th Ave, Miami, FL 33125.
- Francisco Pérez-Clavijo DPM PA. 8339 NW 12th St. Doral, FL 33126.
What is a podiatrist? What treatments does it perform?
Then a podiatrist is the professional who is trained to treat the foot for which it can diagnose from CT scans, MRIs, X-rays, laboratory tests and indicate prevention methods.
However, pathologies that do not belong to their specialty may occur, so request the collaboration of other professionals such as physiotherapists, orthopedists, angiologists, surgeons, rheumatologists, diabetologists, etc.
What is a podiatrist
- On the other hand a podiatrist is the health professional who is responsible for the care of the functions of the foot indicating prevention and offering treatment.
- It is responsible for examining, diagnosing, preventing, indicating a treatment and developing surgical procedures with prescription of medications, extending this prescription to the indication of rehabilitation when the foot condition requires it.
What is the name of the foot doctor
The foot doctor is called a podiatrist, since he is a general practitioner who specialized in foot care. Therefore, when faced with pain or something that you notice as irregular, what you should do is go to a podiatrist.
Where to find a podiatrist in the USA
If you want find a podiatrist in the USA follow these steps:
- Login to https://m.uclasificados.com/podologia_s-12-21.
- Pull down the menu and choose the county or city, then choose podiatry and click the Search logo.
- The system will show you the list of podiatrists in the city or county you have chosen and if you want you can filter by minimum and maximum price.
How much does a podiatrist charge?
In the United States, according to the latest data, a podiatrist, working a year 2080 hours, earns about 131,730 dollars. However, it will depend on each state because the ones that charge the most are in Arkansas, Wisconsin, Texas and Michigan.