You knowwhat is roku tv? Surely you have heard it many times because it is a very common term when talking about an old television that is not intelligent, the so-called Smart tv.
Well, smart TVs are scattered in almost all homes in all countries of the world, but a small minority continues to watch television with traditional televisions, old tube televisions that are not Led, plasma or digital and therefore are not intelligent, then it is in these types of televisions that the roku fulfills an important function.
What is roku TV Mexico
You can already get an idea about what is roku tv. Mexico is the country where these devices are most abundant, but they are also available in many more countries.
Smart TV and analog or traditional tube TV have many differences. However, being so different, they can be homologated with a Roku device so that that old TV becomes a smart TV.
Roku is the brand of this device that, originating in 2008, offers this type of intelligent platform that works on an analog television regardless of the model of that old television.
So, with this system, without having to change your old TV for a Smart TV, you can make your old TV work as if it were a Smart TV. Therefore, your traditional television that you have had in your home for many years will be able to reproduce the television channels you want, applications, music, movies and games.
Even your TV can be connected to a browser so you can access the web, because the old TV screen will get all the functions as if it were a smart TV.
Roku Argentina was also launched offering Roku Express for HD, High Definition streaming and Roku Streaming Stick for HD streaming, 4K and up to 60fps.
Roku Express with its basic features is also available in Mexico at a price of 849 Mexican pesos and in Argentina the price averages from 1,000 to 2,500 pesos.
Roku premiere +, with features superior to the Roku Express, since it has a 4-core processor for 4K streaming, is also available in Mexico at a price of 2499 Mexican pesos and in Argentina with a price that varies from 1500 to 2800 pesos.
Roku TV differences in Mexico
Several Roku models have arrived in Mexico that differ from each other due to their characteristics. For example, the Roku Express model has an HDMI port and its resolution is 720p and 1080p.
The Roku Express + model in addition to having an HDMI port also has RCA, useful for older televisions and its resolution is from 480p to 1080p. However, the price rises to almost 1,000 Mexican pesos more.
In fact, the Roku Express model is the most basic due to its characteristics, but always suitable for turning an old TV into a Smart TV and so you can watch that old TV in full HD or HD, with an easy configuration thanks to its port. HDMI that you connect to the TV as well as a microUSB so you can charge it and it also has a remote control.
How roku works
Roku works after you have configured the device like this:
- First of all you must turn on the Roku.
- You will then connect your Roku to the internet.
- Now you will need to create a Roku account to activate the device.
- You need an HDMI cable to connect the Roku to the TV then you will connect the HDMI cable to the port of the same tenor but of the Roku and the other end you will connect to the HDMI on the back of the TV.
- You will then connect the Roku to the power source. You will find the power cable in the box of the device and the small connector you will connect it to the power port of the Roku and the end of the adapter you will connect it to an outlet.
- Now you will need to connect the Ethernet cable or the Roku to the router with an Ethernet cable if you want a wired connection. Behind the Roku you will find the Ethernet port.
- You must also configure the television to show you the HDMI, then you will turn on the television and search for that input with the remote control by pressing Source or origin, when you are on the correct channel you will see a welcome screen.
- Choose the language you want for the text with the Roku remote control and you can navigate and when you find the right language you will press OK.
- If you want to continue configuring, press OK or Wi Fi Connection if you used a wired connection.
- If you did not use a wired connection you will choose a wireless network and if you chose a Wi Fi connection you will see on the screen all the wireless networks that the Roku detected. Choose the wireless network you want and press OK.
- On the next screen you will enter the network password and Roku will be able to connect to that network.
- Take your computer and you will double click on a desktop browser.
- In the search engine type owner.roku.com in the address bar and then press Enter and it will direct you to the welcome page of your Roku account.
- On that page you will create your account by clicking on Create account.
- At the same time you will enter your account information by completing the fields with your name and surname, your email address and your password and then you will click Next.
- Then you must configure the payment information by filling in your name and surname, your credit card or your Paypal account. In this way you can make payments for paid content such as movies and applications and you will see the link code on the TV screen.
- You will enter that code on the website at Link Code.
At the end of the configuration the Roku device will be ready and the TV screen will indicate it to you, then you just have to take the Roku remote control to press OK and you will see the home screen on your Roku.
How to install roku
- You’ll insert the Roku into the TV’s HDMI port.
- With the USB power adapter you will connect it to the power source that you have free.
- Opening the battery cover you will place them by placing the negative pole first.
- Then you will do the configuration.
- Finally you will configure your account online.