You want to knowwhat is cloud print? In principle it is a google printing service, not only to be used from mobile devices or tablets but also from a Mac or a computer with Windows operating system and without the need for you to have the print drivers, but …
What is cloud print?
What is cloud print: Although as a google product it is one of the best and practical, it is not as popular as others. It is practical and functional because you can print from the Web with any mobile device or computer.
Well, it’s just a matter of connecting the printer to the Web and you will print with your computer or mobile phone no matter where you are in the world.
In the same way, the printer can be shared with other users so that they can make the prints they need no matter where they are in the world.
All this with the Chrome browser and google cloud print with google applications that have the option to print such as google drive, google docs or Gmail.
How to activate google cloud print
- First of all, you must install the Chrome browser if you do not have it installed.
- Then open preferences.
- Within preferences choose to show advanced options.
- At the end in google cloud print add a computer printer and it will indicate the steps to follow.
- In the event that the computer has access to several printers, you can add them by repeating the same process on all the computers.
- By following these steps you will be able to print on any of those printers in your home or office.
- With google web applications it is easy to print to your printers with your computer with the Chrome browser, regardless of the computer you are using, since from your home computer you can print to your work printer or your work printer you will print on your home printer if you need it.
- If you need to print a document that is on your computer but that you did not upload to the web, access google cloud print using the Chrome browser.
- Use upload file to print and then choose the document you want to print from your computer’s disk.
- If the google user session is the same that you start on your tablets or other mobile device, you can print as long as the devices have the Chrome browser installed, but keep in mind that you will not print on paper but on transferable documents.
How to use google cloud print
You know what is cloud print, now learn how to use it:
- First of all you must turn on your printer.
- Then open the Chrome browser on your Windows computer.
- Go to settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Search for print and click on google cloud print.
- Choose the printer (s) to connect and click on add printers.
- Open the document you want to print.
- In the window click change to choose the google cloud printer.
- Make the printing modifications you want.
- Once the configuration is ready, click on print.
Advantages and disadvantages of google cloud print
- You don’t need to install drivers.
- It is a service that supports HP, Kodak, Epson, and Canon printers.
- You can print from remote locations.
- You do not have physical access to the printer in case of failures, if the paper jams, the printer is out of ink or paper you will not be able to solve it.
- You can’t print on the mobile version of Chrome for iOS and Android.
- When printing on a tablet or mobile phone it is only possible to view the document but you cannot forward it, share it or save it, unless you use the save option of google drive and then you will be able to share it.