You are planning the long-awaited moment, your wedding! But you stop thinking and now … what will the requirements to marry by civil?
Believe it or not, this is an issue that many couples are concerned about and often makes them stop their plan to marry, but do not be scared because it is not an impediment, it can easily bring them together.
However, as the requirements change from city to city, from country to country, below you will find out exactly what you need to marry as a civilian in Mexico and in the United States.
What are the requirements to marry civilly?
Its good is not that complicated to meet the requirements, requirements to marry by civil They are easy for you to get, you just have to gather them well in advance, since depending on the type of marriage you choose you may need to present them up to a month in advance.
What are the requirements to marry civilly in the United States?
In the event that you want to get married in the United States, the requirements to marry civilly in the United States are very easy for you to meet, although they may vary according to each state, generally start by looking to present:
- Your county clerk will issue you the marriage license if you and your boyfriend or girlfriend meet the requirements and then proceed with the marriage ceremony.
- Your county clerk clerk will present your marriage certificate to the registration agency that corresponds to your county.
- Some states still require mandatory blood and physical exams while other states have removed this requirement.
- You and your boyfriend or girlfriend must be at least 18 years of age or older, as this is a requirement of most states, otherwise you must have the consent of a judge or your parent.
Since consent is granted by the judge, commonly due to pregnancy, it is necessary that you present proof of the pregnancy.
- If you married and separated and want to remarry, you will not be able to do so until you divorce.
- Since it is about the conclusion of a contract, both must be people with good mental capacity, since people with a mental illness or alcohol or drugs cannot consent to a marriage.
- You and the groom or bride cannot be related by blood except that you are third cousins even though in some states first cousin marriage is allowed only if the couple is unable to conceive due to advanced age.
- The main requirement to get married in the United States is that the ceremony must be performed before an officiant and witnesses, the officiant can be a judge, rabbi or priest.
The civil ceremony in the United States is made official by a government or county official.
What are the requirements to marry civilly in California?
Given the difference in requirements between state and state, what are the requirements to marry by civil in california?, because you can present the following documents from both parties, it can be:
- Military identification.
- driver’s license.
- green card or passport.
- Both grooms must be at least 18 years old, otherwise they need their parents’ consent.
- Both may have been married to each other or to someone else.
- They can be of the same sex.
- It is not necessary that they carry out the blood test as an obligation.
- They are not required to have California residency.
- You need the signature of a witness or two.
- As for the fee to obtain the marriage license issued by the county clerk’s office varies according to the county clerk’s office, so you will know it when you present all the required documentation.
- When you gather all the documentation, you will present it together with the application before a marriage official who is qualified as such in your locality, he will do so by choosing CAboda officiant.
What are the requirements to marry civilly in Mexico?
In the case of Mexico, requirements to marry by civil in Mexico They are also different depending on each state, but in Mexico City they are the following:
- First of all you must gather all the necessary documentation and after you have delivered it you will have to pay the corresponding right, since there are different ways to get married, but the truth is that you can make the payment online on the official website of the Secretariat of Finance of Mexico City.
- For example, if you marry in civil, celebrating the marriage at the Civil Registry office, the price is $ 1152.
- Get married at the civil registry office as it is a government office and the cheapest and fastest modality. Then you will deliver all the documents, you will make the corresponding payment and they will give you an appointment that can be that same day if you wish.
- You can also choose the modality of home marriage in which case the price is $ 2313.
- Your marriage can take place anywhere but always within the same mayor’s office where you submit your procedure, that is, when presenting the documentation in a state, your marriage must be celebrated in an address or room in that same state.
- You can choose a form of marriage outside the jurisdiction and at home, then you will get married wherever you want and you will have to pay a fee of $ 7077.
- If you choose this option, you will not get married that same day when you present the documentation, but you will have to wait according to the free date that the judge has in his agenda, for this reason you must start the process with at least three months in advance of the wedding .
- You can choose to get married in another country in which case you will have to pay a fee of $ 1155 as a marriage registration and validate it in Mexico.
Requirements to marry civilly in Mexico: documentation
Regarding the required documentation, keep in mind that you must always present your official identification and a copy of any of the following documents:
- Professional license.
- Voting card.
- Driver’s license.
- Professional license.
- Proof of address for both members of the wedding couple. Original and copy whose age does not exceed three months.
- light bill.
- telephone service account statement.
- receipt of property tax.
- The best thing is that with time you begin to meet the requirements to marry civilly in Mexico, because both members of the couple can be safely happy with the idea of getting married until it is time to think about procedures and more procedures to legalize the marriage, but don’t worry …
- First of all in Mexico the requirements vary according to each state, but there are general and basic requirements such as:
- You must go to the civil registry judge and submit the marriage application.
- You will present the birth certificate of both, the original and a certified copy or two.
- You will present the agreement of the patrimonial regime to which the present and future assets will be subject throughout the marriage and that can be separated or jointly.
- You will present the proof of address of both whose age you must find out in your state because some accept an antiquity of 6 months while others 3 months.
- Both will present the official identification, original and copy or the military card or passport if they do not have the official identification.
- You will present the original of the prenuptial exams with the blood type, the VDRL test, which cannot exceed 15 days.
- You will present 4 photographs of both members of the couple with a child size.
- Each contracting party needs two witnesses for the wedding of Mexican nationality, of legal age with their original official identification and a copy.
- You must do the procedure to obtain the certificate of singleness.
- You must pay the marriage right according to the current rate.
- If a member of the couple is a foreigner, you must present the birth certificate with the original and a copy, the valid permit granted by the government secretariat and a legal proof of stay in the country, proof of identity and proof of Migratory quality.