If you want to set the most spoken languages in the world It is not an easy task because everything will depend on how you do the calculation, since there are statistics but not all of them are very reliable because there may be some type of economic or political interest that causes that statistic to vary in favor of one or another language.
However, you can have an estimate of the languages that are most spoken in the world, including how many there are worldwide, how many are spoken in Mexico including dialects with examples and if you want to study a profession to translate languages, what will that profession or If you are interested in studying several languages, will you be a polyglot? Do you know what it means to be a polyglot? Or speak in tongues, do you know what it means? Well, all this information you will receive below.
Information about the most spoken languages in the world
The data thrown on the most spoken languages in the world they evolve over time, as many beliefs are being banished:
- For example, Mandarin Chinese occupied the first position for a long time but was banished from this first place by very little difference, being that the English language is first on the list with a number of speakers that reaches 1,1320,000,000 while Chinese Mandarin came in second with a number of speakers reaching 1,117,000,0000.
- Hindi ranks third with a number of speakers reaching 651,000,000.
- Spanish ranks fourth with a number of speakers reaching 534,200,000.
- Therefore, English is the most widely spoken language being the official language of Australia, Canada, the United States and England in addition to other nations that acquired the English language as a colonial language.
- As for Mandarin Chinese, it competes with English, being a native of 1,000,000,000 people without neglecting the difficulties and complexities of the language that makes it spoken by 199,000,000 non-native people.
- Derived from the above, Hindustani or Hindustani is a set of dialects that comprise Hindi as the official language of India and Urdu as the official language of Pakistan.
- Arabic is the official language of the Middle East and North Africa and the second language of several countries in Asia.
- Also highlighted are Bengali, the official language of Bangladesh, Portuguese, Russian and Panyabi, an Indo-European language that belongs to the Indo-Iranian subgroup, a language spoken in the Punjab region.
Facts about the most spoken languages in the world
According to data on most spoken languages in the world with some margin of error and in millions, you can be guided by the following list:
Language English it reaches 1,500 million speakers, while native speakers reach 375 million.
The Chinese It has 1.1 billion speakers of which 982 million are native speakers.
Hindu has 650 million speakers of which 460 million are native speakers.
The Spanish it has 420 million speakers of which 330 million are native speakers.
The French It is spoken by 370 million, of which 79 million are native speakers.
The Arab It has 370 million speakers of which 206 million are native speakers.
The Russian It is spoken by 300 million speakers, the natives being 165 million.
The Portuguese It has 235 million speakers of which 216 million are native speakers.
The Bengali It is spoken by 233 million, with 215 million being natives.
The German it has 185 million speakers of which 105 million are native speakers.
The Japanese It is spoken by 128 million speakers, 127 million being native speakers.
The Korean it is spoken by 78 million native and non-native speakers.
How many languages are there in the world?
You know How many languages are there in the world?Always as an estimated number, it is calculated that as different languages there are about 7000 and in turn it is estimated that of these 7000 different languages, one million people speak between 150 and 200.
Even out of the 7000 languages, 600 of them are spoken by 100,000 people, which indicates that many of them lack survival.
For example, on the African continent a number of languages are spoken that exceed 1,500, as Cameroon has 270 languages while Nigeria has about 450 languages and New Papua has 850 languages.
There are also rare cases such as the Indian language, Miwok which is spoken by 4 people or in North America, Zuño spoken by 6000 people or in Australia, Yidiny spoken by just over 12 people or in the Urals, Kamas, a language that disappeared because its only speaker died in 1987.
What are the languages spoken in Mexico?
- You know What are the languages spoken in Mexico?, since Spanish is the most widely spoken language in Mexico despite the fact that native indigenous languages are recognized as national languages according to the General Law of Linguistic Rights.
- Thus, there are 63 aboriginal languages that are recognized by the national government, these being Nahuatl, Yucatec Mayan, Zapotec, Mixtec, Otomí, Totonac, Mazahua and Huasteco.
- Likewise, the English language has a lot of presence in Mexico as a second language, since it is the language that is used mainly in travel agencies, restaurants, shopping centers and hotels.
What language is the most widely spoken in Mexico?, since 95% of the 120,000,000 inhabitants in Mexico as registered in 2015 by the National Institute of Statistics and Geography have Spanish as their mother tongue.
How many languages are spoken in Mexico?
You know How many languages are spoken in Mexico?, since the number of national languages reaches 69, that is, Spanish and 68 indigenous languages.
Of the 68 groups of indigenous languages in Mexico, 364 linguistic variants are spoken. The linguistic variety of Mexico is made up of 350 variations.
Despite the fact that for this reason Mexico is considered one of the countries with the greatest wealth in linguistic diversity, of the 68 languages, 10 are the most popular among speakers and 48 are in danger of extinction because young people and children do not master them.
How many languages are there in Mexico?
- Then Do you know How many languages are there in Mexico?As well as Spanish, it has 68 linguistic groups with their derivatives 364 variants that are diversified by ethnic group and region.
- In any case, most of the speakers of indigenous languages speak Spanish because it is the essential language to be able to understand each other in public administration.
How many dialects are there in Mexico?
You know How many dialects are there in Mexico?Since there are still about 350 linguistic variations that derive from the indigenous language, the dialects are disappearing due to Spanish as the first language although it is still Nahuatl, Chol, Tonaca, Mazateco, Mixteco, Otomi, Tzotzil., Tzeltal and El Maya the most widely spoken languages after Spanish.
How many and what are the dialects in Mexico ?: You know How many and what are the dialects in Mexico?, then, spoken from north to south of Mexico are:
- The Algica, Yoto Nahua, Cochimí Yumana, Seri, Oto Mangue, Mayan, Totonaco-Tephua, Tarasca, Mixe-Zoque, Chontal de Oaxaca and Huave.
- As linguistic groupings they are: Akateco, Amuzgo, Awateko, Ayapaneco, Cora, Cucapá, Cuicateco, Chatino, Chichimeco Jonaz, Chinanteco, Chocholteco, Chontal de Oaxaca, Chontal de Tabasco, Chuj, Ch’ol, Guarijío, Huasteco, Huave, Güichol, ixcateco, ixil, jakalteko, kaqchikel, kickapoo, kiliwa, kimiai, ku’ahl III, kicke ‘, lacandon, mam,
- Matlazinca, Mayan, May, Mazahua, Mazatec, Mixe, Mixtec, Nahuatl, oluteco, Otomí, Paipai, Pame, Pápago, Pima, Popoloca, Popoluca de la Sierra, Qato’k, Q’anjob’al, Q’eqchí, Sayulteco , seri, tarahumara, tarasco, teko, tepehua, note tepehuano, south tepehuano, small texite, tojolabal, totonaco, triqui, tlahuica, tlapaneco, tzeltal, tsotsil, yaqui, zapoteco, zoque IX.
What is a dialect and its examples?
You want to know What is a dialect and its examples?For a dialect is simply a modality or a variant of a league that was found in a large geographical area, but the unity of the system is never affected.
- Like Andalusian, they are considered a variety of diatopic languages.
- Another example is French, which is a variety of Occitan and French.
What do you call a person who speaks many languages?
1.A person who speaks many languages It has a specific name according to the number of languages it speaks, since monolingual is the person who speaks a single language, while bilingual is the person who speaks two languages.
- Trilingual is the person who speaks three languages but if that person speaks more than three languages, they are considered polyglot.
What is being a polyglot?
Then you know What is being a polyglot? is the person who only speaks more than three languages but who does not speak 6 languages because they are known as hyperpolyglot.
What are the people who translate called?
You know What are the people who translate called?, since a person who translates is a translator, that is, he translates one language into another in written form.
What does it mean to speak in tongues?
- Now you will discover What does it mean to speak in tongues?It is a supernatural gift endorsed by the Church and that a person who believes in Jesus can have.
- An example is Saint Paul, Saint Francis Xavier and Saint Vincent Ferrer, since it is a charism provided by the Holy Spirit that gives rise to pray at the will of God, that is to say that when praying the Holy Spirit intercedes from groans.