You want to know how you can do to rent a car without a credit card Why don’t you have the plastic or don’t you want to use it? No matter what the reason is, the truth is that you can avoid its use, below you will find the explanation that you are looking for so that you rent a car without using a card.
Is it possible to rent a car without a credit card?
While it is possible rent a car without a credit card, It is not the most common, but why agencies usually request it as a guarantee.
The credit card is a guarantee when you rent a car Because in this way the agency ensures that you will return it as it was delivered to you.
It also works as a guarantee against any damage that the car may present when you return it.
But if you don’t want to use your credit card or you don’t have one and you want to rent a car, you can do it this way:
- Instead of renting a car with a credit card, you can rent it with a debit card, but this debit card must be in your name if you rent it. Also to check it you must present your identity document or at least your passport.
In addition to these requirements, the agency will verify in the online database that you do not have any past debt.
The agency will also make a retention of money as a guarantee on your debit card, as it also makes a retention if you rent with a credit card.
As withholding, most agencies stipulate $ 300. On Spain and in almost every country in the world it works Enterprise Rent a Car Y Centaur. In the latter case, its offices operate at airports and in cities such as Malaga, Madrid, Seville and Barcelona.
Another agency like Record go that allows you to rent a car with a debit card has its agencies in Malaga, Alicante, Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca.
In the case of Autoeurope, it works as an intermediary, it does not have its own fleet of cars and you can pay without a credit card.
- You can also hire a special coverage as an interesting alternative if you do not want to rent a car with a credit card, as it is a special coverage with a limit of liability with a section of economic coverage exempting responsibility for damage to windows and wheels, another section of coverage that refers to free roadside assistance and including exemption of franchise.
- But if your intention is not to use the credit card and not the debit card, you still have the option of paying the rent with cash, although it will not be very simple because the offers of this type of payment in the market are not abundant.
So that you have an idea about the agencies that allow this means of payment, you can go to Rent A Wreck. You will have to identify yourself and make a cash deposit, they will check if you are on the list of delinquent people and you will have to take care of an insurance against all risks.
But there are also more agencies that operate in different Spanish cities, so you should look locally for agencies that allow cash as a means of payment.
Can you rent a car without having a credit card?
You have already read that It can rent a car without a credit cardWell, although most agencies will require you to pay for a car rental with a credit card, others such as Auto Europe will give you the car even if you do not have a credit card or do not want to use it.
In fact, there is not really a problem related to the rate but to the insurance.
Well, the agencies must make sure that the car is kept in good condition and that is why they are obliged to demand a deposit that works as coverage against any inconvenience that the car may suffer while driving it.
Therefore, since it is a guarantee deposit, if you return the rented car in the same conditions that it was delivered to you, the agency returns the value of the deposit.
When you rent a car with a credit card, you make the deposit much easier because they hold or block the funds until you return the car.
But in the event that you rent a car without a credit card, you will be the one who contributes the amount of the deposit and you will do it with cash.
How to rent a car with a debit card?
- Rent a car with a debit card It is possible depending on each agency and the category of the car you want to rent.
- For this reason it is always better to have a credit card although it is not essential, but with a debit card you will not be able to rent any car you want.
- A clear example is the rental of a high-end car that generally the agencies will require a credit card to rent it.
- Anyway, if you insist on using a debit card to rent a car, the European countries that accept it are France, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom.
However, in Spain you can also rent a car with a debit card, as there are several car rental agencies that allow you to rent a car without using a credit card and others that allow the rental with a debit card require you to hire a insurance to remove the excess, for example:
- On Enterprise You can rent a car with a debit card that is not prepaid or Electron and you can also only rent small category cars.
- On Keddy Y Europcar they only accept payment with one Debit Visa Electron and only in some of its offices.
- In Orlando you can pay with your debit card unless it is prepaid or Electron and it also requires you to take out insurance without excess.
- On Ok Rent a car You can pay with your debit card unless it is prepaid and it also requires you to take out insurance without excess.
- On Wify you can pay with a debit card unless it is prepaid or Electron and also you must hire a Wi-Fi Premium Max insurance.