There may be many reasons why you are looking how to know the author of a web pageWell, although it can be very simple when you find a web page with a contact form and obviously you will contact its author, not all of them have a form and it is at that moment when you do not know who the author is.
However, there are some ways that with a little dedication you can find out the author of a web page, do you want to know them? Then keep reading …
How to know the author of a web page by source code metadata tags
Next you will know step by step how to know the author of a web page From the source code metadata tags, it might seem difficult to you but it is not if you follow the following details:
- As a first step, you must open the browser that you always use and you will go to the address of the web page you want to find out its author.
- If you use Firefox choose Source Code with a right click anywhere on the site. If you use Chrome with a right click choose View page source code. If you use Internet Explorer, right click View Source code.
- At the top of the page you will find the metadata tag with your information with the word Meta and in brackets.
- You will see an Author field that says meta content followed by the first and last name, It is the name of the author of the web page.
How to know the author of a web page by contact form
1.Enter the web page of which you need to know its author, then look for a button with the name Contact us, you can use that form to know its author.
- If you scroll to the bottom of the site you will find in the footer Credit, it is a link that will redirect you to the site of the designer who may be its author.
- At the bottom of the site you can also find the Copyright, it will be the owner of the content of the site and it can be its author.
How to know the author of a web page by Whois
- Enter the web page in question and copy its URL after http: // and until the last /
- You paste what you copy into Whois.net and then click Go.
- In the results that it gives you, you will know who registered the domain and you will know the contact information as long as it is not private.
How to know the publication date of a page
Although on the internet you can find everything you need and it is for this reason that you go to online sites to find information that is not printed, but when for a job you need the publication date and the website does not inform you and you require you can access it in this way:
- Enter the website and look at the top or bottom of the page where you can find the publication date. Look closely because the date is usually found in a very light color or a very small font.
- In general, when it comes to an article, its publication date is found at the end of the article in small font.
- You can also open the search engine and go to the web page that interests you, then copy the URL and paste it in the address bar. Click on the bar selecting the URL. Then copy it with CTRL + C and close the site.
- Continue in the search engine and open other flaps. In the new tab enter google.com and hit Enter.
- When the Google page opens, click on the search box and type inurl.
- With Ctrl + V paste the URL you copied: inurt: the address you copied, hit Enter and wait for the results.
- Go back to the address bar and at the end of the address write & as: qdr = y15 then hit Enter.
- In this way, in the search results you will see the publication date at the beginning of the entry or left of the article title.
How to cite a web page
If you are doing research from the information on a web page and you need to cite it using style standard formats such as APA ethyl or MLA style, then use this way to cite the web page:
- Have with you all the information you can about the web page such as the web address of the site (the URL) that appears at the top of the browser.
- Then search for the author of that web page which you can find under the article title or at the beginning or in About.
- Copy the title of the article.
- Then look for the date of the publication that can be at the top or bottom of the site and write the date that you found.
- Anyway, before doing this work, ask what is the citation format you should use.
- The citation must be made in your text after the paragraph in which you refer to the information you found on the internet and in parentheses.
How to cite a web page in APA
Although the APA format is easy, you must follow some steps to apply the correct format:
- To make a correct reference or quote you must extract from that information all the basic information that you find.
- Extract the last name of the car or authors and the initial of their name.
- You also need the year of publication with its title, if it belongs to an editorial you must also cite it.
- Cite the city and finally, if you cannot find the name of the author or the date of publication, you can indicate Anonymous or Unknown, for example if you do not know the date.
- Remember that the author’s last name and the year of publication of the article must be separated with a comma (,)
- If there are several authors, you will separate them with commas and the last one you will separate with an “and” or with an “&”