Apple Inc. began selling its new flagship device, the iPhone, on June 29, which combines a cordless phone with a music and video player that has Internet surfing skills.
The device is one of the most anticipated launches of the year in the United States.
TO Here are some key facts about the iPhone:
* Its main feature is a 3.5-inch touch screen with a button. Programs are accessed by tapping the icons and text is entered using an on-screen keyboard.
* Uses the AT&T Inc. GSM network for voice calls and the EDGE network for data transmission. AT&T has the exclusive rights to the phone for at least two years.
* Its cost fluctuates between 500 and 600 dollars depending on whether your flash memory is four or eight gigabytes.
* It has Wi-Fi technology for high speed internet access and Bluetooth for the use of wireless accessories and other devices.
* It has a photo camera of two megapixels.
* Apple claims that the battery provides about eight hours of talk time, six hours for internet, seven hours for video playback and 24 for audio.
* It measures 2.4 inches (6.35 centimeters), by 4.5 inches (11.45 centimeters), and its width is less than 0.5 inches (1.27 centimeters). It weighs 4.5 ounces (120 grams).
* It will be sold at Apple stores and at its online store, as well as at AT&T centers. The sale will start at 6:00 p.m. in all cities of the United States.