You need to get your free credit history Why are you thinking of applying for a loan or a credit card? And you may even need it if you are in the middle of looking for a job or want to insure your car.
Well, there are many possibilities why you need to obtain it, you may even need it simply because you want to check and control your report and in the event of any error make the corresponding dispute, but do you know how to obtain it? Well, below you will know the step by step so that you can guide yourself and get it for free.
Step by step how to get free credit history
If you need to request your free credit history, you can do it by following this method:
- You can call 1-877-322-8228 from Annual Credit Report, but keep in mind that they will only assist you in English, because if you master this language you will have no problems communicating directly by phone.
- A recorded system will assist you by asking for your date of birth, your social security number and your address.
- Instead of listing the full social security number, ask that they only include the last 4 numbers on the report.
- Since you can get a report from each company for free once a year, decide which of them you want to request the report from.
- Once you have chosen the company, the report will arrive in your email after two or three weeks of calling.
How to interpret the free credit history
- If two or three weeks have passed you will have received the credit report, then you will read it carefully to verify that all the information is correct.
- Verify that all personal information is correct with your name and address.
- Check that you recognize the accounts.
- Read the section Negative information, is the information negative, check the accounts, do you recognize them or not?
- Read Inquiries, it’s the inquiries. In this section you must recognize that the places that indicate that you applied for a loan are true.
- If according to the credit report, the information you read is correct and you need to improve it, although you will not be able to do it quickly but over time, you can improve it.
- But if you read incorrect information, you can solve it by requesting that the information be corrected by writing a letter to the credit company, detailing the information that you think is incorrect.
- You will request that it be removed or corrected from your report.
- You will send a copy of the credit report marking the information that is not correct.
- You will send documentation that helps to complement your opinion about the error.
- Once you gather the additional information and the copy marking the error, you will send it by certified mail with acknowledgment of receipt to help you as proof of receipt of your letter.
- Your claim will be reviewed by the credit company and they will respond to you in writing.
Free credit report
- If you have never requested a free credit report, you should know that you have the right to obtain it once a year for free.
- In other words, you will pay for the report only if you need to request it more than once a year.
- In this case, when you request your credit report more than once a year you will have to pay $ 35.60 for the consultation.
- In this way, when you know your credit history, you will know if your score is positive and therefore it will be easier for you to apply for a loan since you do not have negative reports.
- From your credit report you will know who does a check on your history.
- You will also be able to know the data of your report in an updated way and obviously if all this is correct or incorrect.
How to check the credit report
To request the credit report you have several options, for example:
- You can call the toll-free number in Mexico (55) 5449 4954 from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. As an additional phone number you have 01 800 640 7920.
- When making the call it is necessary that you take into account two concepts such as the information about the mortgage or car loans that you have requested without a credit bureau and your credit card.
- You can also go to the customer service office at Avenida Periférico Sur 4349, Plaza Imagen, local 3 presenting the voter’s credential, FM2, passport or your official identification, from Monday to Friday from 9 am. At 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- If instead of calling or going in person you want to send an email, you can also do so by sending the request to [email protected] Then wait 5 days for the report to be sent to you.
- You can also request it by courier when it comes to requesting it a second time. In this case you will have to pay $ 240.50, complete the application and present all the documentation in person.
How to check my credit
You can request your free credit history to know your score and repair it in case it is not high or request the correction of errors that you can check when you receive the credit report.
In fact, it is only enough that you have applied for a car loan, a mortgage loan, you have a departmental or credit card, you hired the pay television or telephone service for you to appear in the credit bureau.
In this way, there is almost no possibility for you not to appear on the credit bureau page, but this does not mean that you have a problem, because if your behavior is good you will have a high score and the credit institutions will make the report on punctuality in your payments every month.
In Mexico there is Círculo de Crédito and Buró de Crédito as credit bureaus that collect credit information with your personal data, late payments, punctual payments, etc.
Special credit bureau
The special credit bureau differs from the common one because in addition to knowing your credit history it allows you to know who made a query about your history and of course check if the information is correct or not and also you access an advisor who helps you with the interpretation of that information, so you can solve all the doubts you have with the advisor.
To obtain the special credit bureau you need the last statement of your credit card and unless it has more than 6 years of settlement you also need the credit number and the automotive credit institution and mortgage credit, if they exist .