You need to know the border car permit requirements in the event that you drive your car and from the border you pass 25 miles or 21 kilometers or if when traveling to the interior of the country and you pass outside the states of Baja California or in Sonora 60 miles or 98 kilometers.
In these circumstances you need a temporary import permit and of course it is important that you know what the requirements are, but above all …
Border car permit requirements and how to obtain it
Therefore it is necessary that you know the border car permit requirements and how to obtain it, since it is a permit issued by the National Bank of Mexico, Banjercito.
- First of all, keep in mind that you can apply online for the temporary import permit if you live in Canada or the United States.
- If you live in the border region and have a used vehicle definitely imported into the area, request the temporary admission of the vehicle to the national territory.
- Go to the modules CIITEV that Banjercito operates, you will find them in the customs area of entry to Mexico, you will pay the corresponding cost and consider that there is a period of 180 days in a year, with 6 non-extendable months that are computed in entries and exits made in a period of 1 year or 12 months from the first hospitalization.
What are the border car permit requirements?
So you know where you should go, now you know the border car permit requirements:
- You must present the original and a copy of the water, electricity or property bill that is not older than 3 months to prove your residence within the border area.
- You will present the current lease or sublease contract together with the last payment receipt for the current month or the previous month but with the tax ID.
- You will present the account statement issued by a financial institution that is not older than 3 months.
- You will present the receipt from the Mexican Institute of social security for the current month or the previous month.
- You will present a proof of filing issued by the municipality that corresponds to you and with an antiquity not exceeding 3 months.
- You will accredit your legal personality by presenting the original and copy of your INE, passport, professional identification, naturalization letter, national military service card, immigrant card or immigration form with a photograph.
- You will prove the ownership of the vehicle by presenting the original and a copy of the title deed, the invoice or the court decision proving the ownership of the vehicle.
- You will prove the definitive importation of the vehicle by presenting the original of the definitive import application in your name or a certified copy issued by the customs authority.
- You will present the original of the federal vehicle registration certificate in case you imported it before subrogation of the federal vehicle registration law.
- If you made the sale of the vehicle with an individual, since there is no obligation to issue an invoice, then you will show the original of the request in the name of the importer, endorsed in your name.
- As it is a temporarily interned vehicle, you must consider that it cannot be used as a passenger, cargo or tourism motor transport.
- You must drive it as the owner, your parents, children, siblings or spouse or another person, but you as the owner must always accompany the driver because it is you who made the vehicle’s admission.
- You will receive a partial return receipt from Banjercito so that during the validity of the permit you can enter and exit as many times as you require.
- Banjercito will also give you the definitive return receipt with the information registered in the system and the hologram.
- Check that all the identification data of your vehicle are correct including make, model, year, type, serial number and user data because they are the ones that will be printed on the permit and must be correct.
- If that vehicle that you temporarily interned was stolen or you had an accident in Mexico, you must request the cancellation of the permit.
Requirements for border cars permit: legal person
As a legal person, you must respect the following requirements:
- If the process is carried out, your legal representative will present the notarial instrument with the documents to prove your identity.
- If the procedure is carried out by one of your employees, they will present an employer letter with the signature of the legal representative or signed by the owner of the company.
The letter will state what the employment relationship of that employee is and his identification proving his identity in addition to the notarial instrument stating that he is the legal representative or, failing that, the owner of the company.
- To prove the ownership of the vehicle, you will present the title or property, invoice and court decision.
- To certify the definitive importation to the border region, you will present a simple and original copy of the certificate of the federal vehicle registration and final import request to the border region.
Summary: RRequirements for border cars permit
The border car permit requirements are as follows:
- Official identification with a current photograph.
- Proof of address no more than 3 months old in the name of the vehicle owner.
- RFC with monoclave.
- CURP key.
How much does a customs broker charge?
If you want to know how much does a customs agent charge, in general it is 045% of the value of the imported vehicle.
Mexican consulate in houston car permits
- As the procedure you can also do it in the Mexican consulate in Houston car permits you will head to 4506 Caroline Street, 4507 San Jacinto Street.
- You can also communicate by phone at: (+1) (713) 271 6800.
- If instead of going in person you prefer to call by phone, you can send an email, to [email protected]
- The Consul General is Mr. Oscar Rodríguez Cabrera.
- For an appointment, check the website at consulmex.rsre.gob.mx/houston, you can make an appointment online or, failing that, call / 713) 271-6800.