One of the different types of graphs It is the one you should choose to display your company data once you have collected it, deciphered it and decide to communicate that data in the most efficient way.
However, as there are many types, which one to choose, with what criteria will you make the choice? Do not complicate yourself.
For this reason, it is convenient for you to continue reading because below you will find the explanation you are looking for and that will help you choose the one that best represents the data of your company.
How to choose one of the different types of charts
So you can choose the best of the different types of graphs you should follow a few steps like:
- Decide the message that you will transmit with the data of your company, for example they can transmit a relationship, which means that there will be a connection between one or more analyzed variables.
They can transmit a distribution with data that may or may not be related to the objective of exerting a check on their interaction.
They can also convey a comparison, which means the reaction of several variables to a particular one.
In turn, the data can transmit a composition where there will be several types of variables that are grouped in the same umbrella to be displayed together.
- Like any company, yours has its own needs, so you must find the one that best suits them, because by taking into account the possible messages that the data can transmit based on this, you will choose the graph that best transmits it.
- Ask yourself if you are interested in the data collection and analysis showing progress in the long term or at a particular time.
- After having chosen the type of graph, you will think of the best design to make a good presentation, clearly labeling the axes, eliminating the grid and eliminating information that cannot be viewed correctly from a distance.
Well, the objective of a graphic and for it to be effective must be understood by all readers, since it will be useless to have chosen an effective, perfect graphic, with the best design and with optimal results if not all readers can understand it.
How are the types of statistical graphs
- The types of statistical graphs are those that express information in a clear and easy to understand such as bar graphs, frequency polygon, pictograms, histograms and pie charts.
- They differ from others because each type is used for a particular use.
- While one type is used for incidents or trends, another is used so that in a given situation it can be detected within a minority or majority.
- The bar graph It uses a bar of different vertical or horizontal colors and is used to detect certain information within a previously surveyed group.
- The graph by sectors it is representative of percentages and is used to measure a situation within a specific group of individuals, states, etc.
- The histogram is the representation of a certain variable from bars that are proportional to each of its values including surface area, frequency, etc.
The vertical axis indicates frequencies and the horizontal axis indicates the values of the variables.
- The frequency polygon it is a line graph. It is representative of incidents, that is, it indicates the response of quantitative variables. The polygon is created by joining the points of the upper bases that are located in each bar of a bar diagram.
- The pictogram replace the bars with pictures of the topic that was covered in the survey, as they can be very varied such as social status, fashion, food and many others.
The size is proportional to the frequency that is represented and for a better interpretation it is better that they are indicated.
What is the box-and-whisker plot?
- The box and whisker plot it is a visual representation that shows characteristics, symmetry and dispersion.
- There are three quartiles represented, vertically or horizontally aligned, a rectangle with the minimum and maximum values of the data.
- In other words, a rectangular box represents the interquartile range on the longest sides, it is divided with a vertical segment that shows the mean position and the reaction against the third and first quartiles because the second is coincident with the mean position.
- The extremes mark the minimum and maximum values of the variable.
- Lines called whiskers come out of the box, whose length is limited, so that all data within that line is individually identified.
- Using the box-and-whisker plot, it is the best way to visualize groups of numerical data using quartiles.
- Those lines that extend parallel to the box are the whiskers that serve because they indicate the variable of the upper and lower quartiles.
- Outliers are represented by individual points in line with the whiskers.
What is the flow chart?
- The Flowchart shows a computer algorithm, computer system, or process, but is generally used for planning, studying, communicating, or making improvements.
- Use diamonds, ovals, rectangles and many more figures to define the step with arrows that serve to establish frequency and flow.
- They can be simple diagrams to much more complex diagrams that are created with a computer to define multiple paths and steps.
- In any case, it is the most widely used diagram in the world by non-technical people because it can be used in a very wide variety of fields.
What is the Kagi chart?
- The kagi graphic It is a price chart that uses thick and vertical lines and also thin lines that connect with horizontal lines and you can add a vertical line when reversed prices are detected that causes the current downtrend or uptrend to end.
- Therefore, in the current column it will only have a downward or upward movement until there is a change of direction.
What is the network diagram?
The network diagram represents a telecommunications or computer network including the interaction of the components and how they make up the network with firewalls, hubs, devices and routers, etc. and ultimately represents a LAN, local area network.