The main objective of this article is to provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to access the My Alabama DHR account login portal www.myalabama.gov. This will help Alabama residents learn about the Alabama state government’s public services.
If you’re trying to create an Alabama MyDHR account, or if you’d like to log into an Alabama MyDHR account, here’s the complete look. It also tells you how to recover your Alabama MyDHR user ID and password.
More information on www.myalabama.gov
Alabama Human Resources (DHR) uses the My Alabama DHR online portal, www.myalabama.gov, to administer government assistance benefits. These benefits are food stamps, Medicaid, child benefits, and unemployment.
By visiting the MyAlabama.gov portal, Alabama residents have instant access to a variety of government benefits and services. Some of the government program services include:
- Grocery stamps (SNAP)
- Family Aid (TANF)
- Unemployment benefit
- Nutritional aid for women, infants and children (WIC)
- Children’s Rehabilitation Service (CSR)
- ALL children Medicaid
- Child Support Payments and Enforcement (CSE)
- Life Care Program
- Childcare (CCDF)
- Family planning
- SAIL Homebound & Independent Living
- Paternity program
- Early intervention system
- Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (ABCCEDP)
- ElderConnect Alabama
- HIV, AIDS and STD tests
- Vocational Rehabilitation Service (VRS)
- Mental illness services
- Substance abuse services
Benefits of using the MyAlabama.gov account
Once a resident creates the My Alabama DHR account, they can access a wide variety of benefit programs and services. They also have full access to manage their My Alabama DHR account, e.g.
- Determine your eligibility for benefits and services
- Apply for benefits
- Check the status of an application
- Check the status of the services
- Update changes to the benefits
- Renew benefits online
- Upload documentation
If you do not need to create a My Alabama account or are new to the My Alabama DHR online portal, please follow the steps below.
Steps to Create My Alabama DHR Account Login
Follow the directions below to create a My Alabama DHR account and access anytime benefits or services from the Alabama government.
1. Visit the MyAlabama.gov website at https://www.myalabama.gov.
2. Go to the Login Portal section on the left. Then click on the “Create account” button at the bottom of the login portal.
3. Next you land on a new page where you need to provide the following information:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, SSN).
- Mailing address.
- Security questions.
- Username Password.
4. When you have provided all the required information, submit your information to complete your My Alabama DHR account. After that, your account will be successfully set up.
After you have completed the My Alabama account creation process, you will need to log in to apply for or manage your benefits.
My Alabama DHR Account Login – www.myalabama.gov
The outline guide below will help you log into your My Alabama DHR account so you can apply for or manage your benefits online. The whole process can be completed within a few minutes.
- To log into your My Alabama DHR account, visit the official MyAlabama.gov website at https://www.myalabama.gov.
- On the home page you will see the login section where you will enter the login information for your MyAlabama DHR account (username and password).
- Now enter your username and password correctly in the login field.
- Then click the “Sign In” button to successfully sign in to your home page for my DHR account in Alabama.
Note: You may need to validate your login. If so, answer one of the security questions. These must be the questions you answered when you created your MyAlabama.gov account. Then click on the “Send” button. Once the answer is correct, you will be redirected to your account homepage.
If you forget your username or password for your MyAlabama.gov account, please follow the instructions below to recover it.
How to recover my Alabama DHR username and password
Follow the instructions below to restore your MyAlabama.gov username.
- Go to the MyAlabama.gov website
- Go to the “Login Portal” section and click the “Forgot Username” button in the “Password” field.
- Then a field will appear in which you will be asked for your email address. Enter it and click “Next”. (This must be the email address you used when you created your My Alabama DHR account.)
- Next, you will get a message asking you to answer a security question. You set up these questions when you signed up for your MyAlabama.gov account. Then click the “Submit” button.
- You will then need to confirm your email address so that your username information is sent to your email address.
- Now visit your email address to recover your username as an email with your MyAlabama.gov username will appear in your inbox. You can now proceed by logging into your MyAlabama.gov account as usual.
- To restore your password, click the “Forgot Password” button in the Password field.
- Then enter your username and social security number and click the “Next” button to continue.
- You should then receive a message asking you to answer a security question that you set up when you created your MyAlabama.gov account.
- Now you have to confirm your email address. Once you’ve verified your email, your password reset information will be sent to your email address.
Visit your email address and follow the instructions on the password reset link in your email to create your new password. Then log in to MyAlabama.gov with your new password.
When you receive AL Food Stamps, check your Alabama EBT Card Balance here.