If you are wondering how to know the model of my laptop you can solve it easily, always depending on the commercial brand of your device, so below you will see the different options so that you can know its model.
How to know the model of my HP laptop
In the case of HP, how to know the model of my laptop?
- With the system information you will find the model or the number of the product.
- On your laptop keyboard press fn + esc and you will open the system information.
- The system information will appear with the name and number of the product.
- The product name shows you several models and therefore it will not help you to receive the support service according to your team.
- Then with that product number contact HP customer service, you will notice why the pound symbol is the product number.
- In the event that the system information window does not open, you will use HP support assistance and find the model or product number.
- But you must make sure that you have the most recent version, otherwise you will have to install it.
- With Windows open HP support assistance.
- Choose My devices and then you will see a list of devices to choose the one that corresponds to you and see below if you have multiple HP devices.
- You will see the product number on the label.
Video: How to know the model of your HP pc
How to know the model of my laptop with the BIOS system information
With the information of the BIOS system, you can also know the model of your laptop:
Step 1: With the Power button, turn on your device.
Step 2: Press Esc as many times as necessary until you see the start menu.
Step 3: Press F1 or choose in the start menu the system information and on the screen you will see the identification numbers and the product number.
Step 4: The product number and model can be found using the identification label.
Look at the outside of your laptop and you will find the product number, but depending on your equipment you can also find it in the battery compartment and therefore in order to see the label you will need to remove the main battery.
When you found the product identification label, look for the product number next to Product No.
How to know the model of my laptop according to the date of launch on the market
To resolve how to know the model of my laptop it depends on the date your equipment was released. So if your laptop went on the market in 2010 or later, use this way to find the model:
- At the bottom of your laptop you will find a self-adhesive label, because on this label you will read the model number of your laptop.
- But if your laptop went on the market in 2009 and between autumn and spring, you will have to handle it differently:
- In the frame of your laptop screen look for a small label where you will read the model number for example: VGN-FW560F.
If your laptop went on the market in 2000 and before the summer, you will handle yourself as follows:
- You must locate the chassis of your laptop and you will find the compliance label along with the legal requirements and equipment information such as PCG-N506VX.
How to find the model of my VAIO Tap 20 laptop
In the case that your laptop is a VAIO Tap 20 you can find its model in this way:
Option 1: Turn the laptop to face its back and you will find it on the right with a combination of letters and numbers similar to SVJ-202290X.
Option 2: Whenever it is a VAIO Duo, with the screen raised, you will see the model number behind the screen and to its right with the combination of letters and numbers similar to SVD-11214CXB.
Option 3: Go to Start and then click Windows or choose to run. After having pressed both keys you will see a box where you will write dxdiag.
If you chose Run, you will see that a screen opens with the system and hardware information. It is possible that much of this information you do not understand or do not need, but the model number of your laptop can be seen in the central part of all the information that this screen threw you.
Option 4: In the event that you need to know the model of your laptop but you cannot turn it on, do not worry because you can find it with the number that appears at the bottom of your device, once you found it, enter it in Google and at searching will not only have thrown you the model of your laptop but also the brand.
How to know the model of my Toshiba laptop
If it is Toshiba, you can also figure out how to know the model of my laptop, as it is found on a self-adhesive label on the bottom of the computer, but if you have removed that label for any reason, you can find it in the Windows information system.
Option 1: Turn the laptop upside down and then on the back of the case you will see the self-adhesive label, you will see Model Nº, that number is the one that corresponds to the model and the serial number will identify it with Satellite or Part Nº.
Option 2: You must turn on the laptop and then click on Start, and with a right click click on My computer and then on Properties. In the Properties window you will see that the model of your laptop appears.
Option 3: Click on Start. Then click on all programs, then Accessories, system tools and click on system information and finally you will see the model number of your laptop.
How to know the model of my Acer laptop
If your laptop is Acer, you can find out the model like this:
Turn your laptop upside down and you will see the model and serial number on a white label. But if your computer went on the market in November or December 2008, you will find it in the BIOS, then when you turn on the computer, you will enter by pressing F2 and you will be in the BIOS and you will find the model in the information on the right side of the name of the product.