If you want cancel banamex card and you do not know how to do it and you despair of having a card that you no longer need. Do you want to know how you should handle yourself to end your problem? Then read on and you will know even if you have debts …
Steps to cancel banamex card
If you no longer want your card and need cancel banamex card Maybe because from now on you want to deal with cash or prefer a card from another bank, follow these steps:
- Go to the bank and communicate in writing that you have made the decision to cancel your card, since all communication with the bank must be recorded in a document in which you will include all your data and, of course, your card data.
- In order for the process to be as fast as possible, attach a receipt where you can show that you owe absolutely nothing, that is, your card balance is zero.
- Upon delivering the document with the receipts, they will give you an acknowledgment of receipt and the folio number of your report.
- Since you no longer want your card, you should return it to the bank without charging you any commission.
Cancel banamex card by phone
- If instead of going to the bank in person you prefer to carry out the procedure by phone, you can also do it.
- Call 1226 2639, phone numbers for Monterrey and Guadalajara.
- Call 1226 26398 or 2262 6393, Mexico City.
- Call toll free 01 800 021 2345 from any other city.
- Although by canceling your card you will disassociate yourself from your relationship with the bank, in order to seduce you into reviewing your decision and desist, they will offer you several benefits so that you take them into account before terminating the cancellation process.
- For example, they can offer you discounts on your purchases, zero annuity and a lower interest rate and all this so that you can reconsider the cancellation and use the card again.
How to cancel banamex card with debt
If you do not have any debt with the bank, the procedure is very easy and fast so that they grant you the cancellation of your card. But if you have debts that you have not canceled yet and you don’t want your card anymore, you can also do it, but how?
- First of all, think that it does not mean that you can magically pay off your debt, because it will continue to exist.
- Get a card that has a balance transfer, as it is a service offered by some cards, you just have to request this option.
- Once you get the new card that offers you a balance transfer, the debt you have with the bank will automatically be transferred to the new bank.
- The new banking institution will pay your debt to the old bank.
- Once the transfer process begins and the bank begins to pay Banamex your debt, you can cancel your card
How to know if I have been authorized a banamex credit card
In the event that you are waiting for your banamex credit card to be authorized and you don’t know how to find out, especially if you applied for your card online, below you will find out the options to find out if it was authorized:
1.If you started the process of applying for your banamex credit card online and you did not get an approval or disapproval response, it is assumed that at the end of the process you took note of the folio number, then go to any of the folio numbers bank branches.
- Present your official identification along with the folio number.
- Present proof of the last three months of your income.
- Well, it is assumed that having carried out the online procedure, the bank needs proof of the information you entered and it is for this reason that it does not tell you if your card was approved or declined.
- After studying your documentation, the bank will decide whether or not they approve the granting of your card.
- Anyway, whoever attends your request will inform you how long you must wait until your line of credit is released.
- In the case of approval of the Bsmrt U card, the university card you will have to wait for a response from the bank that will arrive by email within 10 or 15 days, although you can also find out at the customer service center.
- Lastly, you may receive a pre-assignment message. In other words, your card has been pre-assigned and it also asks you to go to a bank branch.
If you receive this message, it means that you must go to a branch with all the corresponding documentation so that Banamex can validate your identity by comparing them with the newspapers released by the credit bureau, because your card is pre-assigned because the bank could not yet evaluate your credit history.
Banamex credit card application status
To know the status of the banamex credit card application, handle the following:
- Login to https://www.banamex.com/es/people/services/clarations-cargos-cargos/cargos-form.html
- You can make the query by customer number, if you do not know it you can find it in your account statement, it is the same with which you usually enter digital banking.
- You can also make the query by folio, in this case you will receive the number through a text message to your cell phone, the one you registered in citibanamex.
- If you need to ask for charges that you do not recognize on your card, go to https://www.banamex.com/en/people/services/clarations-cargos-cargos/cargos-form.html
- You can check by folio number by entering the number that you received when you made the clarification.
- Choose if you prefer the query by customer number by clicking on the By Customer Number tab and enter the numbers and the last 4 digits of your credit card and finally click on Query.
- If you click on the By folio number tab, complete the fields with the number you received by SMS and the last 4 digits of your credit card and finally click on Inquiry.
- In both cases, you must check the I am not a robot box so that the system can redirect you to the next page of the query.