Are you a Washington recipient of grocery stamps with an EBT card? If so, you can use your Washington EBT Card online to purchase groceries for delivery. This article is the complete guide on how to use your Washington EBT Card to purchase groceries online.
By buying the end of this post you will learn more about:
- EBT online shopping pilot program
- Where to use your Washington EBT online
- How to use your Washington EBT online
- What to buy online with Washington EBT
EBT online shopping pilot program
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a pilot program for online EBT purchases in 2017. With this program, EBT cardholders can order groceries online for delivery or collection.
The program has only started in a few select states, including New York, New Jersey, Alabama, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Nebraska, and Maryland.
Currently, grocery brand recipients in Washington can use their EBT card online to purchase groceries from select grocers. Check out the list of grocery stores that accept Washington EBT online and take the USDA’s online shopping pilot.
Purpose of the Washington EBT Card Online
Currently, you can use your Washington EBT Card to purchase groceries online from Walmart and Amazon. As of now, these are the only two retailers that can use your Washington EBT card online. More retailers will be approved for EBT online in the coming period.
How to Buy Groceries Online Using Your Washington EBT
We’re going to go over how to use your Washington EBT card to easily buy groceries online from Walmart and Amazon.
How to Buy Walmart Groceries Online With Washington EBT Card
Because Walmart is participating in the USDA Online Purchasing Pilot and offering online grocery shopping with EBT for pickup rather than delivery. Follow the directions below to search for groceries online using your Washington EBT card.
1. Visit the Walmart Grocery website at www.grocery.walmart.com to order groceries online from Walmart.
2. Enter your zip code to find the Walmart location closest to you. This is the place to pick up your online grocery order.
3. Now that you’ve selected your Walmart location, you can search for groceries online. When you’re done, add the purchase for EBT eligible items and add them to your cart.
4. Pay for your order online now in the payment area. Simply select EBT Card and enter your Washington EBT Card information (EBT card number and PIN) to complete the checkout.
NOTE: You can share your order using any other payment method, including a credit or debit card.
5. Once your order has been successfully placed, you will receive a notification when your groceries are ready for collection. Make sure you have your Washington EBT card and ID with you to collect your online grocery order.
All Walmart grocery stores accept EBT cards as a form of payment in Washington. Here’s how you can use your EBT card to buy groceries online at Walmart.
ALSO SEE: Bakeries That Accept EBT Cards / Grocery Tokens Near Me
How to Buy Amazon Groceries Online Using Washington EBT Card
Amazon is another store approved for the USDA’s online shopping pilot that has started delivery for EBT cardholders in Washington. So, EBT card residents of Washington can shop and purchase groceries online to have them delivered.
Follow the steps below to order groceries online using the Washington EBT card.
1. Open your device browser, visit the Amazon website, and log into your Amazon account.
2. If you do not have an Amazon account, click “Create Amazon Account” and enter your email address and password to log in.
3. Enter your Washington Food Stamps card into your Amazon account here. Enter and submit your SNAP EBT card number. Then enter your postcode. You will then know if your zip code is eligible for delivery for purchases made with your Washington EBT card. If you are eligible, click the “Add SNAP EBT Card” button to add your card.
4. Buy your groceries online now. Also use Amazon Grocery, Amazon Fresh, or Amazon Grocery to buy groceries online.
5. Go to the checkout after shopping and select “EBT” as payment method. Then enter your 4-digit PIN for your Washington EBT card to place your order.
NOTE: You cannot use your grocery brand benefits or your EBT card to pay for shipping or delivery charges. If you don’t have Amazon Prime and want free shipping, you’ll need to meet the minimum shipping costs for each program.
Discounted Amazon Prime membership
Did you know that when you register with your EBT card, you get over 50% discount on Amazon Prime? With the Amazon Prime EBT discount, you get all the benefits of Prime at a fraction of the cost.
For just $ 5.99 per month, get all of these EBT Amazon Prime benefits:
- One-day FREE shipping on millions of eligible Amazon items
- Two-day FREE shipping on millions of eligible Amazon items
- Access to instant streaming of thousands of free movies and TV shows
- Access to unlimited FREE Prime Music streaming
- FREE 2-hour delivery on Prime Now items.
What can I buy online with the Washington EBT Card?
You are only allowed to purchase eligible grocery stamps with your Washington EBT. These are items that are sold to be eaten at home. This includes meat, seafood, snacks, soft drinks, soft drinks and much more. You can also buy plants and seeds to grow food at home.
You cannot use your Washington EBT card to purchase foods online that are considered hot or prepared food. In addition, you cannot purchase vitamins, medicines, or other non-food items.
Check out the full list of Approved Grocery Brands that you can and cannot buy online with your Washington EBT card.
If you need help, if you want Buy groceries online with the Washington EBT Card On Amazon or Walmart, use the comments section below to let us know.