The glass cleaningWhen it comes to professional cleaners, it is usually charged per panel, but there are variables that influence the final price.
But despite the variables and the price, most people need to call a professional because on the one hand, nobody likes to clean them, especially if it is a house with two floors or more, which is dangerous and it is for this reason that most determine to hire a professional window cleaner.
How much does window cleaning charge per panel
First of all, the glass cleaning It is priced by the number of panels, for example a double window has two panels.
So typically a window cleaning costs between $ 2 and $ 7 per panel, but some cleaning companies that specialize in windows charge by the hour.
In the case of a complete cleaning of a house window including the doors, it has an average price of $ 286.
How the price of window washing is calculated
Although window cleaning may seem simple, there are many factors that cause the final price to vary.
In the event that the glass is too dirty, the price will increase because more equipment and tools are required as well as time to finish with a good window cleaning.
Even the number of windows also makes the final price vary, since the more windows to wash, the higher the cost.
Access is also a variable to consider in the final price of glass cleaning, since if ladders, special tools and more time are needed to clean difficult-to-reach windows, the final price will increase.
Internal and external cleaning of the windows
The price varies if an external or internal cleaning is required or both at the same time, because if the client requests an external or internal cleaning it will only save money once, but if they opt only for internal cleaning and then later for the external the price will be higher compared to the choice of both cleanings on the same day.
When setting the cost for window cleaning it is possible to consider additional charges, such as cleaning the window head at a cost of between 50 cents to 5 dollars,
Sliding glass doors cost between $ 2.50 and $ 8 per door.
In the case of cleaning the tracks or guides, the price varies from 50 cents to 5 dollars.
If necessary remove stains. the price averages between 3.50 to 6 dollars if it is a window with a medium size.
If the glass shows mineral debris, an additional cost of $ 20 per panel can be added.
The cost of cleaning windows according to the floor plan of the house
When it comes to cleaning a home’s first and second story windows, the cost is generally the same, but additional floors can cost an additional $ 3 to $ 5 per window.
How to clean large window glass
First of all, the process of window cleaning You should do this when the sun is not shining directly on the windows because direct rays can cause the cleaning solution to dry out and result in streaks.
What do I need to clean windows
Gather white vinegar, microfiber cloth, distilled water, brush, cotton swabs, useless toothbrush, sponge, glass scraper, lint-free cloth, and old newspapers.
- Dust the glass and window doors.
- Use the microfiber cloth to clean the window frame and sill to remove dust.
- Clean the frame with a cloth, the hinges and knobs as well as the edges with a brush or a cotton swab.
- Before cleaning the glass, cover the threshold with old newspapers to avoid damaging the surface and frame from dripping cleaning solution.
- Make the solution at home or use a commercial cleaner without alcohol or ammonia.
- Prepare the homemade solution by mixing distilled water and white vinegar in equal amounts and place this mixture in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the glass and with a soft sponge rub in a circular motion to remove any stains. Do not apply pressure, make it gentle and continue to spray on different areas of the glass to rub the entire surface,
- For heavily adhering dirt to the glass, you may need to scrub with greater pressure but prevent the solution from coming into contact with the window or door frame.
- Then dry the glass from the top corner down, making a straight stroke and repeat as many times as necessary until the entire surface is covered.
- Finish at the bottom of the window and wipe the entire surface with a soft, dry cloth quickly to avoid scratches.
How to clean very dirty window glass
In the case of glass cleaning very dirty it is convenient that you use a rubber rinser or squeegee, as it is a rake that achieves a good cleaning without streaks in less time than if you use paper towels.
You will also need a plastic bucket, a liquid solution, and small cloths or towels.
You must keep the rubber of the brush in good condition, because keep in mind that professionals change them after each cleaning and inside the plastic bucket place water and dishwashing liquid.
- Dip the brush into the bucket and squeeze out the excess water.
- Scrub the glass working in all directions to get to the edges.
- You can move the brush horizontally or vertically, but tilt it so that it can come into contact with the glass.
- Then starting from the top corner of the glass, clean a fraction of the glass from top to bottom.
- Press the brush against the glass at the top and rock it firmly.
- Clean the brush to remove dirt and excess water.
- Start over with the top of the brush and move it across the window at an angle to direct excess water down, clean, and repeat.
- Use a cloth to wipe the excess water from the bottom edge of the window.
- Then with a lint-free cloth and with your finger, wipe the perimeter of the window to remove the foam.
How to clean bathroom glass
Follow this step by step to learn how to do a good bathroom glass cleaning:
- Add equal parts distilled white vinegar and water to a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution you prepared on the inside and outside of the glass, and let the solution sit for 5 minutes to half an hour.
- Fill a plastic bucket with water and put on a pair of rubber gloves to remove the vinegar with a sponge dipped in water.
- Finish by drying with a clean, dry cloth.