It is important that you know about the legalization of american cars prices when you are thinking of importing a vehicle to Mexico, as it will depend on the type of import permit you need.
Legalization of American cars prices according to the vehicle
While the legalization of american cars prices It varies according to the area and the type of permit, it is also variable according to the type of car you want to import, for example:
- If you import a car whose model is 5 to 9 years prior to the year you import it, you must pay 1% for the IGI, General Import Tax.
- If you import a car whose model year is 10 years or more, you will pay 10%
- If you have the certificate of origin that applies a rate of 0%.
- You will also have to pay VAT, 16% for value added tax.
- You will pay the DTA, 0.8% for the customs processing fee.
- For the Repuve, the registration in the public vehicle registry will pay 54 dollars.
- You should also take into account the rate that the customs agent will charge you, which is variable.
American car legalization prices
- In general, prices vary according to each company and each vehicle, as well as the starting point, the type of car, its value and other factors, but it averages between 775 and 2500 Mexican pesos.
- The tariff rate is 10% according to the car invoice.
- The 0.8% corresponding to the processing fee is calculated on the table or the value recorded on the invoice.
- Prevalidation has a cost of 238 Mexican pesos.
- You must also add the value added tax, VAT.
- You must bear in mind that if your car does not have a temporary import permit and at the same time it is older than that required instead of for the 10% tariff rate, you will pay 50%.
Car legalization prices
Before knowing about the legalization of american cars prices, you need to be sure that you have all the requirements to start the process:
- You need the originals of all the documents of the vehicle.
- The copy of the voting card of the owner of the vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have passed the verification of environmental polluting gases.
- Thanks to the Platform México del Repuve, PGR and PGJE, it is possible to recognize if your car was stolen, make sure that it does not have this incident to be approved.
- Sending the documentation to Mexico has a cost of 100 Mexican pesos, if the Ministry of Finance approves it, the Notary’s Office is notified.
- The cost of 2750 Mexican pesos corresponds to the procedure to be carried out with the insurer.
- The official document for the amparo as the next procedure, has a cost of $ 800.
- The federal vehicle tax has a cost of between 3 to 6000 Mexican pesos depending on the type of car and its model.
How much does it cost to legalize a car
The legalization of american cars prices It has a cost that depends on factors related to the vehicle, since depending on the type of car the legalization can vary between 15,000 and 30,000 Mexican pesos.
Requirements to legalize cars
Any type of vehicle, be it a gasoline or diesel model, with standard or automatic command, and of any brand you can import it as long as you meet these requirements:
1.The car must be manufactured or originated in the United States or Canada, for which the VIN / serial number) will begin with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
- Therefore, if the VIN has as the first digit a letter instead of a number in its series, you will not be able to legalize it.
- The type of vehicle to be legalized can carry a maximum of 15 passengers including the driver.
- The model year of the car or vehicle can be 2010 or earlier.
- You must present the title of ownership of the vehicle with a copy, the documentation will prove the ownership of the vehicle (it does not matter if it is in your name or not)
- You will present the credential to vote with the photograph with a copy of it, the Mexican passport or the consular registration number.
- You will present a photograph of the VIN, you will find it on the driver’s door frame or on the dashboard near the windshield facing the driver.
In short, you will need to complete the final import process if you plan to drive a foreign car through Mexico. So that car must have been manufactured in North America, that is, in Canada or the United States, in turn complying with the requirements on its year and model.
If you reside in the border area, you may request a definitive import permit to the Strip that includes Sonora, Baja California Sur and the state of Baja California.
While temporary importation grants you 6 months of permission to circulate within Mexico and has no restrictions regarding the type of vehicle or year of the vehicle or its country of assembly, the definitive importation establishes limits.
In fact, when it comes to a definitive import, it is the permanent one for the circulation of a vehicle in Mexico, so your car can only be 8 to 9 years before the year of importation.
You can also legalize classic cars by always hiring a customs agent that you can find on the official site of customs agents in Mexico.
Prices according to the type of car
Although the cost will depend on the type of car that you will have to pay:
- 10% corresponding to the general import tax, but the 0% rate applies if you have the certificate of origin.
- 16% corresponding to VAT, Value Added Tax.
- Registration in the Repuve, a public vehicle registry, has a cost of $ 54.
- In addition to the above costs, you must know the customs agent’s fee that varies according to each agent.
Car legalization in laredo
In laredo for the legalization of cars it has autoexportolaredo:
- You start the process without advance payments.
- You can legalize motorcycles, agricultural and heavy machinery, cars, trailers, cranes and boats.
- In the event that you do not have the legal documentation, you can go to the border to advise you and legalize your vehicle.
- You can call (956) 999-2518 to request a quote.
- Then you will send images of your registration, passport or your voter ID.
- You will confirm if your documentation has arrived correctly.
- You will confirm the date of arrival at the border.
- You will take the vehicle for the certification of your application at customs.