When you know how long does the electronic tax refund take? You end up understanding the stages through which the IRS sets the processing time.
The three stages of processing carried out by the IRS are the return received, then the approved return and finally the sent refund, but you can follow up, for which you will know all the details below.
How long does it take to file electronic tax returns from tax returns?
You have already understood the IRS steps to establish how long does the electronic tax refund take?, then:
- When it comes to the tax returns that you file electronically with direct deposit, they are processed 21 days after the electronic file is accepted.
- The processing time when it comes to paper returns that you mail, the IRS stipulates that you will have the refund with a delay of 6 to 8 weeks from the date of receipt of the tax return at the IRS.
Tips on how long the electronic tax refund takes
- Anyway, you can start tracking the status 24 or 48 hours after you have made the electronic filing from the official IRS site by going to Where is my refund.
- But if you sent the paper tax return by mail, you will not be able to know the status of your refund until 4 weeks have passed.
- When the IRS completes the process of your tax return and the refund is approved, you will be able to see the date of the same, never before.
- When the IRS finishes processing your tax return and the return of the same is confirmed, it means that it was approved, therefore the status of the return received will have changed to Refund approved.
- But where’s my refund is, you won’t be able to see the date until your tax return is processed and your refund is approved.
- Where’s My Refund is the tool provided by the IRS on their official site so that you can see the refund date in a personalized way after the status changes to Refund Approved.
- Remember that if you filed electronically with direct deposit, it can take up to 21 days after acceptance.
- When you go to the IRS website tool and it gives you the Refund Sent status, it means that the refund was sent to the financial institution for direct deposit and it may take from one to 5 days for this financial institution to make the deposit of the funds in your account.
- However, it may take several weeks if you have requested by mail that your tax refund be sent to you.
- You should also keep in mind that until the tax return has been received, processed and approved by the IRS, even if you enter the tool Where is my refund or Where’s my founds in English, you will not be able to know an arrival date of your refund .
- It is also possible that the IRS received your tax return and 21 days passed without you having heard from your refund.
In this case, it may be that the information has not been fully completed and therefore the IRS needs to do a more exhaustive review and obviously it will take more than 21 days, since it also many times depends on the tax situation.
How long does it take for the electronic tax refund to my bank account?
- You declare your taxes every year and you should know that it is a procedure that may take a few days, because How long does it take for the electronic tax refund to my bank account? It depends on whether you have completed the requests correctly, since doing it correctly will prevent the process from being delayed.
- But it also depends on whether you chose to receive a check or used direct deposit.
- Generally, if you chose direct deposit, the refund will take two weeks.
- Remember that you have the Where is my refund tool provided by the IRS from which you can check the status of your return after 72 hours have passed since the return was accepted.
- The delay may be due to an error by who is the issuing entity in which case a wrong refund was made.
- In the event that you have chosen to receive a check by mail, the refund will take longer, you can wait 3 to 4 weeks since you have sent the tax return.
- Anyway you can also use the IRS tool, Where is my refund after one week of submitting the tax returns.
- If you have filed an Injured Spouse Form 8379, your refund may be delayed. Through direct deposit you can expect the refund in 4 weeks and if you opted for a check by mail expect the refund in 6 weeks.
- If you filed electronically, your refund will be available within 24 hours.
- But if you did the presentation in a traditional way, you will have to wait at least 21 days.
- If you expect the refund to reach your bank account quickly, you must file electronically with direct deposit.
- However, generally you receive the refund within 4 weeks of submitting the application, but you can receive it earlier if you submit it online, since if you do it by traditional mail it will take longer.
- For this reason, if you are in a hurry to receive the refund, electronic filing is convenient.
How long does it take for taxes to arrive?
You can follow up online if you want to know how long the taxes take to arrive.
But you can also continue with the traditional route by checking the status of your refund by calling the IRS.
According to the IRS, it refunds taxes to taxpayers in less than 21 days, so you can expect to receive them within 3 weeks of filing your tax return.
Keep in mind that filing the tax return electronically, from the electronic file, the process is much faster within the IRS system, therefore you can generally expect it within 3 weeks.