Over time we have received a number of questions from our readers Does Walmart accept the EBT card / food stamp? Can I use my EBT card at Walmart? Will Walmart take the EBT card?? etc. So in today’s post we will deal with the problems and provide an answer to this question. I want you to read this article carefully to see if Walmart is taking a food stamp.
In case you didn’t know, Walmart, one of the world’s largest retailers, has over 4,200 stores in the United States. In addition, they are also the largest employer in the United States. So if you actually want to know if Walmart accepts EBT cardsWell the truth is that Walmart accepts EBT cards as a means of payment in their branches nationwide.
Does Walmart accept EBT cards / grocery stamps?
You can easily redeem your card with your EBT card Benefits of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) at the Walmart Store. Once you’ve selected the items you want to buy, you can use your EBT card to check out at any of the available POS terminals.
RELATED: Does McDonald’s Accept EBT / Grocery Stamps?
To check out, simply swipe your card and you will be asked to enter your 4-digit personal identification number (PIN). Make sure they are only eligible foods that you select when you redeem SNAP benefits at Walmart with your EBT card.
You are not allowed to purchase the following items from Walmart
- Household products
- Prepared / warm food
- cleaning supplies
You can search for suitable groceries below to purchase from Walmart stores using your EBT card.
- Bread and cereal
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.)
- Seafood (fish, shellfish, etc.)
- Ice cream & popsicles
- Fresh, frozen and canned fruits
- Red meat (steak, ground beef, ribs, etc.)
- Sweets (Snickers, M & Ms, etc.)
- Fresh, frozen and canned vegetables
- Seeds, nuts and plants
- Baked goods (cakes, brownies, cookies, etc.)
- Poultry (chicken breast, chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, turkey breast, etc.)
- Pork products (pork chops, pork tenderloin, bacon, pork sausage, etc.)
- Edible oils (olive oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Soft drinks and energy drinks (Pepsi, Sprite, Red Bull, etc.)
- Snack crackers and chips (Doritos, Wheat Thins, Ritzcracker etc.)
I firmly believe that this article has been very helpful to you. Please don’t forget to share this post on your favorite social media.