If you are one of those who ask that question Does AmazonFresh accept EBT? Then rest assured that you will find the answer to that question. This article provides detailed information about how AmazonFresh works and whether you can also use your EBT card to make purchases through the service.
What is Amazon Fresh?
According to Amazon.com, AmazonFresh is a grocery delivery and collection service that is only available to Amazon Prime members in select cities. This includes:
- Northern California
- Northern Virginia
Currently, Prime members can use AmazonFresh to use AmazonFresh to shop for groceries, everyday items, favorites from local stores and restaurants, and more in the cities selected above.
How can I sign up for Amazon Fresh?
To register for AmazonFresh, you must first purchase an Amazon Prime membership, which costs $ 12.99 per month.
- Go to the Sign Up for AmazonFresh page.
- Select Start Your 30 Day Trial.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions when prompted to complete the entire process.
AmazonFresh costs $ 14.99 per month and is only available to Amazon Prime members. Free delivery on AmazonFresh orders of $ 50 or more.
ALSO SEE: Grocery Stamp Calculator – How Many Grocery Brands Will I Get?
Benefits of Amazon Fresh
The following are the benefits of being a member of AmazonFresh:
- Convenience: You can place an order in the morning for same day service, or you can order your groceries at night and have it delivered in the morning. You can choose whether you want to be present at the time of delivery or whether Amazon leaves the items on your doorstep.
- More choices: In addition to groceries, AmazonFresh supplies household items, personal care, health and beauty, and specialties from local shops and markets.
The following video best explains how the process works, including the delivery service.
What can I buy from AmazonFresh?
- Food: Whole Foods Products, Ready Meals, Delicatessen, Dairy Products, Frozen Food, Meat and Seafood, Meal Sets, Beverage, Bread, Snacks, etc.
- Household, Health & Beauty: Cleaning supplies, over-the-counter items, personal care products, baby products, and pet supplies
- Local market: Local products like ready meals, squeezed juice, and baked goods can be delivered right to your doorstep with the rest of your AmazonFresh order.
Does AmazonFresh accept EBT?
Amazon.com is preparing to accept EBT for online purchases in 2019. As of now, however, they haven’t started and we anticipate they will start soon following an update from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Amazon is one of the retailers selected for a USDA pilot that began in 2017.
Since Amazon Fresh is a grocery delivery service, only Amazon Prime customers who also have Amazon Fresh can use the service if Amazon accepts EBT for online purchases.
Amazon is offering a FREE 30-day trial of AmazonFresh. At the end of your trial period, you will be automatically upgraded to a paid membership unless you cancel. You need Amazon Prime to log into AmazonFresh. Assuming you have an EBT card, you can sign up for Amazon Prime (click the link and button above).
While Amazon has not yet started accepting EBT for purchases online, including for Amazon Fresh, the USDA expects Amazon and other retailers to start accepting EBT in 2019, based on this February 2019 update.
If you have any questions about how AmazonFresh works, post them in the comment box. Even if this post is based on “Does AmazonFresh Accept EBT?” was helpful to you, help us and share on social media by clicking the share button below.