Delaware Assist login is an online application portal for Delaware citizens to apply for various health and social programs including Food Stamps. Grocery stamps are part of the nutritional supplement program that allows low-income families to purchase a variety of legal foods that promote better nutrition and health.
By visiting www.assist.dhss.delaware.govIndividuals and community-level organizations can access the screen and apply for a variety of social service programs that include:
- Long term care: This benefit offers a wide range of support, services, or devices, provided over time, and tailored to medical, personal, and social needs in a variety of settings or locations, so that a person can live as independently as possible.
- Medical assistance: The Medicaid program provides medical assistance to eligible low-income families and eligible elderly, blind, and / or disabled people in Delaware whose income is insufficient to meet the cost of required medical services. Medicaid includes doctor visits, hospital care, laboratories, prescription drugs, transportation, routine child admissions, mental health, and substance abuse.
- Low Income House Energy Support Program (LIHEAP): LIHEAP helps low-income people in Delaware pay for their energy bills.
- Dietary supplement program: Food Benefits is a program that allows low-income families to purchase a variety of foods that form the basis of better nutrition. Benefits are electronically issued to the family’s Delaware Food First card each month. This is an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card. The grocery recipient uses this card at local grocery stores to access their grocery benefits.
- Cash support: This program supports low-income individuals / families based on rules and standards established by the State Department of Social Services.
- Childcare: Childcare is a program that provides support to families with young children so that the caretaker can get a job, get an education, or meet the child’s special needs. In child abuse cases, childcare can also be provided to protect the child. If you work, you may have to pay some of your childcare costs. Your DSS Case Manager may provide you with a list of daycare centers and homes in your area. You can also get more information about the program rules and fees.
- National school feeding program: This provides low-cost or free school lunches to eligible children in the state of Delaware.
- Food Bank: The Food Bank of Delaware works with a network of nonprofit partner agencies that serve individuals and families in need.
ALSO READ: Grocery Stamp Income Limit 2020
People who do not have time to go to the office during normal business hours can apply for benefits online via Delaware Assist login Website, provided you have an online account with ASSIST. However, once you started your application on the website, you have up to 180 days to complete the application process.
Delaware Assist Login @ assist.dhss.delaware.gov
1. Visit https://assist.dhss.delaware.gov
2. On the right side of the home page you will see options like
- Check if you are entitled to benefits
- Apply for benefits
- End your application / renewal
- Check the application status
- My account / change report
- Renew your advantages.
3. Whatever function you want to perform, simply make your choice by clicking any option.
4. Next you will be redirected to the login page where you will be asked to enter your existing username and password.
5. Please enter your correct login details, which are your username and password. Then press the login button to log in.
If you can’t sign in to yours Delaware ASSIST accountSince you’ve lost your login information, you may need to reset your password. You can do this by providing your phone number or email address. If you choose either an email or phone recovery method, your login information will be sent to you.
Note that applying for benefits anywhere, anytime in the state of Delaware is quick and easy Delaware Assist login portal at the assist.dhss.delaware.gov. If you have any questions about Delaware ASSIST or encounter any issues during the Delaware benefits application process, please share them in the comments below.