Creating a Michigan Bridges account is very easy and straightforward. As a Michigan resident who is currently on Michigan food stamps or when applying for benefits you must Register for the Michigan Bridges account. That way, you can always apply online or review your performance information online.
It is for this reason that we have compiled this information to help understand the process of creating a Michigan Bridges account. In addition, you will receive helpful information that will guide you successfully through the process without the stress.
MI Bridges gives you quick access to over 30,000 state and local services across the state. Even if you’re not applying for benefits and may be looking for additional help, once you’ve created your online account on the website, you can quickly find state and local resources in your area.
Mi Bridges account gives you access to a dynamic application for multiple programs including:
1. Health Insurance: This program helps pay for medical expenses.
2. Food Assistance Program (FAP): Offers families low incomes, advantages in buying or growing food.
3. Cash Assistance: It is a program that provides cash to cover your basic needs.
4. Child Development & Care (CDC): This helps pay for childcare costs.
5. State Emergency Aid (SER): SER provides assistance for heat, electricity and other emergency situations.
ALSO READ: How to Check Ebtedge Grocery Brand Balance
To apply for any of the above programs, you need to register on the Mi Bridge official website https://newmibridges.michigan.gov. After you have registered and applied for any of the benefits, you can easily do so
- Manage your case by reporting changes to your case and renewing your benefits.
- Upload the document by taking a picture of your document to upload if needed.
- Receive notifications by receiving texts or emails when MDHHS sends updates.
- You also have access to the multilingual website which is available in English, Spanish and Arabic.
Step Instructions to Create a Michigan Bridges Account
Provided you follow the instructions in the step-by-step guide below, the whole process is very simple and straightforward.
1). Open your device browser and visit the Michigan Bridges website https://newmibridges.michigan.gov.
2). You can press this link to get there. and there click on “Register”.
3). A new page will open where you will need to enter the following information to create the Michigan Bridges account:
- First name
- Date of birth
- mobile phone
- Home address
4). After that, you’ll next connect to your benefits (you can enter this information if you’ve already been approved for MI Bridges benefits – grocery stamps, Medicaid, or cash assistance).
- Social security number
- Medicaid or MDHHS Individual ID
5). As soon as you are done, answer the robot question, agree to the “Terms and Conditions” and click “Next”.
6). After you’ve successfully entered all of the required information, the next step is to choose a username and password, and security questions (which will allow you to find out your username and password in case you lost them).
7). If you have successfully provided the requested information, you will be redirected to a page that states that you have successfully created Michigan Bridges. Then just click the “Next” button to verify your identity.
From there you can now log into your account and can:
- Apply for benefits
- Check benefits
- Manage your case
- Explore local resources
- Report changes to your case
- Show letters from MDHHS
- Upload documents like pay stubs, utility bills, leases, etc.
The following video provides a detailed explanation of the MI Bridges website and the tasks available to you after creating a Bridges account.
Remember, the comments section is open for any questions or comments about creating a Michigan Bridges account. Also, don’t forget to share this article to keep others informed.