If you are a Louisiana resident it is very easy to create a LA CAFE account on the dcfs.la.gov website. Once you’re done, you can apply for Louisiana Food Stamp benefits. dcfs.la.gov is the official website used by the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) for administration
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Temporary Family Independence Support Program (FITAP)
- Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP)
- Child Support Enforcement Services, Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP)
- Childcare Support Program (CCAP).
This article will walk you step by step through creating a LA CAFE account so that you can apply for the benefits or manage your benefits.
Step Instructions for creating a LA CAFE account
- To set up your account, click here to visit the website.
- Click the “Create Account” link to start the La CAFE account registration process.
- You will be directed to a page where you will enter the following information to create your account: name, email address, user ID, password and in (6 numbers).
- After entering the required information, enter the security clearance, a six-digit number of numbers and letters that you must enter in a field in order to proceed.
- Finally, continue with the rest of the process. Please check the box below to accept the Louisiana User Acceptance Agreement. When you’re done, click the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the page to proceed to the next step.
- Next, enter security questions and answers. Then click the “Submit” button. You may see a pop-up saying “Sign In”, which you must accept to continue.
- Then you have successfully created your LA CAFE account.
ALSO READ: Grocery Stamp Income Limit 2019
After successfully completing the LA CAFE account registration, you can go ahead and do the following:
- Apply online benefits including grocery stamps / SNAP, FITAP, KCSP, or child support
- Check the status of a recently submitted application
- Review the status of your child support enforcement application fee payment
- Submit a Request for Continued Assistance (Redetermination) for SNAP, FITAP, or KCSP View information about your SNAP, FITAP, or KCSP benefits, or information about your cases and enforcement payments for children
- Submit a simplified report for SNAP and related FITAP or KCSP cases
- Report a change in your details that may affect benefits (e.g. income or change of address).
- Log into LaCAP after receiving a letter from DCFS or log back in to continue receiving your LaCAP benefits
- Show notifications that may remind you of important information about your benefits Update your online account information (password, PIN, security questions, etc.).
The following programs are currently available through LA CAFÉ:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly Food Stamps): Offers monthly benefits that help low-income households buy the foods they need for good health
- Temporary Family Independence Assistance Program (FITAP): Provides temporary monetary assistance to eligible low-income families who need assistance with children
- Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP): Provides monetary assistance to eligible children living with qualified relatives other than parents
- Child Support Enforcement Services: Provides parenting and paternity establishment services, assistance in setting up and enforcing child maintenance and / or medical care, and collecting and distributing child support payments
- Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP): LaCAP is a nutritional support program for Louisiana residents who are 60 or older and who are receiving a supplemental security income (SSI).
If you have any problems or need further help with creating a LA CAFE account, you can call the DCFS Customer Service Center at 1-888-LAHELPU (1-888-524-3578) or contact the nearest DCFS office.