If you have received SNAP benefits, you can purchase one of the following comprehensive lists with your EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) card of snapping foods and objects stated in this post. Not all types of foods and groceries are eligible for SNAP purchases. That’s why we put it together what you can buy with grocery stamps / EBT / SNAPas from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
You might be interested to know where to buy SNAP-enabled foods with your EBT card. Just read our previous articles on Grocery Stores That Accept EBT / Grocery Tokens / SNAP and Gas Stations That Accept EBT / Grocery Tokens / SNAP too.
You can search for suitable groceries below to purchase from Walmart stores using your EBT card.
Comprehensive list of Snap Eligible Foods and Items
- Bread and cereal
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.)
- Seafood (fish, shellfish, etc.)
- Ice cream & popsicles
- Fresh, frozen and canned fruits
- Red meat (steak, ground beef, ribs, etc.)
- Sweets (Snickers, M & Ms, etc.)
- Fresh, frozen and canned vegetables
- Seeds, nuts and plants
- Baked goods (cakes, brownies, cookies, etc.)
- Poultry (chicken breast, chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, turkey breast, etc.)
- Pork products (pork chops, pork tenderloin, bacon, pork sausage, etc.)
- Edible oils (olive oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Soft drinks and energy drinks (Pepsi, Sprite, Red Bull, etc.)
- Snack crackers and chips (Doritos, Wheat Thins, Ritzcracker etc.)
- Nutrition and nutritional supplements (Slimfast, Muscle Milk, Ensure, some trademarks).
- Seeds and plants (fruit trees, flax seeds, alfalfa seeds, and nasturtium seeds; any edible or food-producing seeds or plants).
Items you can’t buy with grocery stamps / EBT / SNAP?
According to the USDA, you are not allowed to purchase the following items with your SNAP benefits:
- Beer, wine, schnapps, cigarettes or tobacco
- Vitamins or medicines
- Warm food
- All non-food items including housewares, soaps, paper products, cosmetics, grooming products, and pet foods such as dog food, cat food, etc.
- Yeast tablets
- Food to be eaten in the store
- Fertilizers and insecticides.
ALSO SEE: How to Check EBT Card Balance Online
It is also a criminal offense to buy prepared or warm food to be eaten on site, e.g. B. in restaurants, fast food restaurants and in-store cafes. Excpet you got that Benefits of the restaurant catering program, which offers ready meals for elderly, disabled and homeless people through participating fast food restaurants.
In summary, anything that does not contain nutritional information or nutritional information, as well as items that are not on the list List of snap-enabled foods and items, as stated by the USDA, is therefore not eligible for purchase EBT cards / food stamps.