Colorado citizens who lost their jobs through no fault of their own (either fired, not quit, or fired) can now submit their Colorado Unemployment Benefit Application Form to the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE). In any case, provided you meet all of Colorado unemployment requirements, you will receive benefits every two weeks until you find a job.
To be eligible for Colorado unemployment benefits, you must meet certain criteria. This page shows you how to complete the Colorado unemployment benefit application process, eligibility for unemployment benefit, and other information you need to know about your benefits.
Unemployment Benefit in Colorado Eligibility to participate
- The applicant must be a US citizen or legally resident in the US
- The applicant must have lost his job through no fault of his own. This could be you being laid off or a lack of work or a plant being closed.
- To be eligible, you must have earned at least $ 2,500 in wages during your standard base period.
- Applicants must be ready and willing to take on work.
- You must enroll in the Colorado Connects state employment program within 4 weeks of starting your application. If you don’t, you will lose your benefits.
Documents Required to Submit Colorado Jobless Claim
Colorado law requires you to be eligible for benefits from the age of 18 and demonstrating that you are lawfully resident in the United States. In addition, you must prove one of the following forms of identification:
- Colorado driver’s license or Colorado ID card
- Native American Tribal Document
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Map
- U.S. military ID or military-dependent ID
- A driver’s license or ID card issued by another state or Canada.
- Social security number
- Home address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- A valid email address
SEE ALSO: Florida Disaster SNAP Benefit From Program Application
Visit www.colorado.gov/cdle/unemployment and register for the MyUI Claimant to file a Colorado jobless claim. However, you can also file a claim through the state’s Call-a-Claim call center by calling a Colorado unemployment number:
- Denver Metro: 303-318-9000
Toll Free: 1-800-388-5515
- Denver Metro: 303-318-9333
Toll Free: 1-866-422-0402
- Deaf and hard of hearing (TTD)
Denver Metro: 303-318-9016
Toll Free: 1-800-894-7730
The telephone lines are available Mondays and Tuesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you need more help, you can go to a Colorado employment office. The representative will help you with the application process or answer any questions you have.