There are several causes why you despair and want to solve the fact that Skype won’t let me make video calls. Well, it is worrying that you need to communicate with a video call with your co-workers or with your boss from a distance and the comfort of technology does not allow you to establish a good call that does not cut off or what is worse is that it simply does not leave you do it, do you want to know the reasons?
Reasons why skype won’t let me make video calls
If you know the reasons why Skype won’t let me make video calls, you can solve the problem and make video calls without cutting problems:
- Screen sharing, group video calls and their features have been improved with the most up-to-date version of Skype.
- As a result of these improvements that change the characteristics of Skype, it makes them work correctly on newer computers and therefore does not work as they should on older ones.
- Your computer must be SSE2 compliant, otherwise screen sharing and video calling will be impossible. In fact, the most modern computer equipment has SSE2 compatibility.
- Well, they are still using computer equipment that, since they do not have compatibility with SS2 like modern ones, have no possibility of taking advantage of the new features incorporated into the Sype version, therefore you must check that your computer equipment meets the necessary requirements to run Skype
Requirements to run Skype
Your system must meet the basic requirements so that you can access old conversations or retrieve conversation history.
On your desktop computer with Windows operating system, check that it is the version Windows 8, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 7 with 32-bit or 64-bit version, Windows Vista or Windows XP SP3 with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
The new version of Skype requires Windows 10 version 1511 or version 1507, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 with 32-bit or 64-bit version, and Windows 10, version 1607 or later.
System requirements for Mac to avoid problems with Skype
If you use a Mac, the minimum requirements for you to use Skype without problems are:
- You need a Mac with OS X version 10.9 or higher.
- Must have a minimum 1 GHz Intel processor and Core 2 duo.
- RAM must have a minimum of 1 GB, additional software with Quick Time that is the latest version.
Linux system requirements to use Skype without problems
1.If you use a Linux computer, you need to update Skype to its latest version.
- You need version Ubuntu 14.04 + 64 bits, Fedora Linux 24 + 64 bits, OpenSUSE 13.3 + 64 bits or Debian 8.0 + 64 bits.
- It must have an Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that is compatible with SSE2 in addition to having support for SSE3.
- RAM must be at least 512GB.
- You need additional software GtkStatusIcon or Ibappindicator 1.
Windows 10 Mobile system requirements to avoid problems with Skype
In the case of the Windows 10 Mobile system, to avoid problems with Skype, it is necessary at least to have:
- The updated version of Windows Mobile Anniversary or at least a later version with a variable hardware according to each manufacturer.
Requirements for Android to avoid problems with Skype
With the Android operating system, you will not have problems in video calls or Skype will be cut off if your mobile meets the minimum requirements such as:
- Android version 4.0.3 or at least later, since the latest version of Skype requires Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow or later with a free space of at least 32MB.
Why is Skype cut off
While you can meet Skype’s minimum requirements to run smoothly, it may still hang.
So if you suffer from frequent cuts during a video call, Skype recommends that you turn off all the downloads that you are doing at that moment of the video call and that you close all the programs that you know consume a large bandwidth and in this way your connection will improve .