Nutrition Assistance, formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, is Arizona’s program for the Food and Nutrition Service’s (FNS) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Applying for food stamps from AZ is easy and super fast. But first you must be eligible for the benefits.
However, if you do not qualify for food assistance benefits or need help with food during the application process, please contact the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
Information required to apply for AZ food stamps
Are you applying for the first time or are you renewing your benefits? You may need one of the following pieces of information to complete your application.
- Proof of citizenship and identity for anyone applying for benefits.
- Aliens registration cards if non-US citizens are applying for benefits in your household.
- Social security numbers.
- Birth certificates.
- Name, address and telephone number of the landlord or neighbor.
- A statement verifying your address and the names of everyone living with you. The declaration must be made by a non-relative who does not live with you. It must be signed, dated, and include that person’s address and phone number.
- Proof of ALL money your household has received from any source in the past month and this month.
- Proof that your employment relationship has ended and the last date has been paid.
Complete bank or credit union statement (save or check) for the last month.
- Proof of savings bonds, securities, pension plans and life insurance.
- Proof of rental / mortgage and utility bills (electricity, water, gas, etc.) for the past month.
- Proof of childcare costs for the last month.
- Proof of all medical expenses for those claiming benefits who are 60 years of age or older or who are receiving disability benefits.
How to apply for food stamps AZ
There are three ways you can apply for the Food Stamps AZ. You can submit your completed application and required document using one of the following methods. As soon as your application is received, it will be checked whether you are entitled to benefits.
Food stamp application process in Arizona
- Please complete and submit an online application through Health-e-Arizona Plus.
- You can also download the application for benefits with the KidsCare application add-on and submit it by mail, fax, or in person at your local office.
- Request an application from your local office or call (855) 432-7587 to send you a paper application. Once you have received and completed the application, submit it by mail, fax, or in person at your local office.
As soon as you have finished your application, you will be contacted for an interview. Your information will then be reviewed during the interview to determine eligibility.
MUST READ: Snap Benefits Phone Number For all states in the US