With food benefits, people with little or no money can buy enough food for healthy meals. On this page you will find the procedure for Kentucky Food Stamps applicationAs an eligible individual or household, you will be given an EBT card that can be used to purchase groceries for good health.
Who Is Eligible for Kentucky SNAP Benefits?
Any household that meets the Basic Income and other requirements may be eligible for SNAP benefits
First, you must be a resident of the state of Kentucky. Applicants must register for a job, provided they are between 16 and 60 years old and fit for work.
ALSO SEE: Apply for the ACCESS Florida Benefits Application
Additionally, all applicants must meet Income Eligibility Guidelines to receive SNAP (Food Stamps) benefits.
- The annual household income for a single person household should be less than $ 14,079.
- For a household of two, the annual income should be less than $ 18,941.
- A household of three at $ 23,803 is the annual income limit.
- For a household of four, $ 28,665 is the income limit.
- For a total household of five people, the income limit is $ 33,527.
- For larger households, add $ 4,862 to the annual income of the household for each additional person.
How to go about using Kentucky Food Stamps application
- To apply for the program, you must first download and fill out an application form. Use this link to download it now. http://chfs.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/4FDE0101… (PDF)
- Then please send the application by email, fax or personally to the nearest DCBS office (Department for Community Based Services).
- Once you’ve submitted and submitted your application, you will receive a notification within 30 days stating whether or not your household has been approved for SNAP benefits.
- Once your household has been approved, you will receive a letter stating the number of benefits you will receive and if you need to be interviewed again to continue receiving benefits.
An Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card will be mailed to your household with instructions on how to activate the card to access your grocery account.