Here are the 18 reasons why most people are not making money with Adsense:
1. They don’t understand how to get ideas for keywords. There is a possibility that you often do not know how to choose your keywords. There are keywords from certain niches that you might never even think to use and they are without a doubt the best keywords for AdSense and “make money online” is probably one of the worst. Here’s a beginner’s guide to AdSense to walk you through the process step by step.
2. Your ad placement is not good. I still see a lot of people who only use vertical banners in their sidebars. Here it is honestly not clicked as often as the larger rectangle units. Inserting large and medium rectangles in your posts almost always leads to more clicks. Vertical banners are a nice addition, but they are used more as a complement and not as the primary unit.
3. You have Adsense on too many pages. Yes, I said they have Adsense on too many pages. Adsense should be put only on pages that do a good strategic job with keywords. When you put it on the pages and blogs that do not have targeted keywords, you will have little targeted traffic, or you will get traffic that does not click on the ads or they will not become sales for the advertiser. When most of the clicks do not turn into sales for the advertisers, they do what is called in English smart pricing.
4. Your pages are not optimized for Adsense. If the ads that appear on a page do not match the content or message of the page, you have a problem that needs to be fixed. The ads that appear should be very similar to the topic with which you are trying to get traffic. If not, this traffic will not convert for the advertiser and again this leads to smart pricing.
AdSense relevance and SEO optimization are similar in many different ways. To activate ads right on a page you will need to include the keyword in the HTML title, the page headings, throughout the text on the page, and probably in a tag if your site is a blog.
5. You are not testing to see if your pages are converting well. I’ve started using an AdSense channel on every page that gets search traffic, at least until I know what converts well. I know there are a limited number of test channels available, but you can run a channel on a page until you know you are doing well. Then you can remove it, so you can try the next page. If a page is converting a low CTR, it is likely that you have a problem with the Adsense optimization or if you have a keyword that does not have advertiser bids.
When I have implemented channels I was very impressed by the pages that were doing well. Pages that I have been counting as poorly converted were getting good results and the pages that I found incredible have converted poorly. That led me to delve further into why some pages cannot convert clicks, while others can.
6. You have not been able to make money online because you chose the keywords with very low CPCs. I generally chose keywords with an Adwords CPC of more than $ 0.70. This can be verified with the Google Adwords keyword tool. The higher the CPC, the greater the potential to obtain a better click pay and therefore more money you can earn with AdSense.
7. Your focus is too broad. I talk to people all the time and many tell me that they add 3-4 new articles to their sites every day. This generally leads to a site over time that has thousands of pages, most of which can never produce search visitors, much less AdSense-valuable clicks. Most people would be much better off targeting a few keywords for a few specific pages and getting people to link to them. Ask yourself what kind of articles are you adding, what is your purpose? I understand that we sometimes create articles to influence, entertain, etc. You probably shouldn’t put Adsense on these articles or pages.
8. Your ads don’t blend in well with your site. Unless you have a very strange niche, matching the background color of your ads to the background color of your site almost always generates more clicks. The color of your ad titles (the click part) must match the color of the links on your site or it must be blue. There are exceptions, but I challenge you to try this and then try to beat it. Usually you can’t.
9. You don’t know how to get people to link to your pages or blogs. If you can’t generate links, you can’t get a page rank. Most people spend all day working on their sites instead of all day trying to figure out how to get links. 90/10 is the rule that leaves you with 10% of your time to spend on your site itself and the rest figuring out how to get links.
10. You don’t understand how to target a keyword with a front page. That is why they generate almost all of the Adsense clicks on your home page. This problem combined with not understanding how to link to other sites causes an unpleasant inability to get traffic and clicks.
11. You have probably not chosen profitable themes. Therefore you have chosen to “make money online” because everyone is doing it. Describing the parameters of your strong keyword choice is a crucial aspect of making money with Adsense.
12. You don’t know how to judge your competition. That means you start trying to rank for keywords that are above your skill set and this causes you to get discouraged and stop working. After a few months you will become more determined and then move on to keywords that are above your skill set. This vicious cycle repeats itself over and over again.
13. You have an information addiction. Instead of acting on what you know, you try to add to what you know. You know who you are, they uphold SEO theory on every conceivable site, although I’ve never made enough money through SEO to buy a new computer. You need to at some point get away from the sites you love so much and start doing if you really want to make money with AdSense.
14. You are too lazy to test. There are a lot of indicators that you can test while using Adsense. You can test ad placement, background color, link color, text color, and ad size. If you are too lazy to do performance optimization on any of your sites, you are probably underperforming. I cannot stress this enough; each site is different. One of the themes will work very well in one niche, and will be terribly bad for another. A unit will work perfectly well in one place, and poorly in another.
15. Blogging can work very well with Adsense if you do the right tests, have the right approach, and use it on the right pages. I think most bloggers probably get into so-called smart pricing. Some can still make money with AdSense and some cannot. Money makers could do much more if they could better control their accounts.
16. You get all your traffic from social sites, it is well known that this does not go with AdSense since people who frequent social sites do not click on the ads nor do they intend to buy anything. They just want everything for free.
17. You don’t have the patience to keep trying and searching the different niches for AdSence.
18. There are not many advertisers. There are simply no AdSense ads for the niche you chose.
Well these are the 18 reasons why people are often not making money with Google AdSense. This program can be very lucrative as long as you know how to handle it and that you have learned the necessary things about SEO. And most importantly, you have to implement and take action because just by knowing things you cannot make money on the Internet, you must definitely take massive action.