The affiliate manager for your site has many responsibilities and those range from selecting suitable product to successful promotion of those affiliate products to your customers. There are pitfalls to avoid as well as great profits to be earned by affiliate promotions, it is up to you to manage each aspect of your affiliate marketing.
Lets have a look at some of the types of affiliate ventures available, there are many; I want to gather here some affiliate ideas that will be helpful and profitable for you the reader. There are hundreds and hundreds of ideas available, not all will be suitable for you to promote and profit from.
- Pay Per Click
- Niche Market
- Coupon and Rebate sites
- Web Blogs
- Newsletters and email list
- Shopping Directories
- Large Affiliate sites
Each of these can offer a great opportunity and also some pitfalls.
A site owner may spend a terrific amount of time attempting to promote certain items, writing essays and blogs and spending time and money to no avail. We have to be careful as to where we aim our marketing and also as to how we present our products
Affiliate Manager Has to be Cautious
It is easy to present far too many products to our readers, and thus pollute all of our offerings and ultimately driving people from our site. We can use far too much promotional selling material and make the visitor weary before he gets to buy our offering.
Thus we must be circumspect as to what we offer and how we present it.
There are some difficulties and roadblocks that we, as an affiliate manager, can anticipate with affiliate marketing, keep these in mind.
- 1. Visitors to your site do not always just go ahead and click the links that we set up. They have to be given a reason to do so in most cases.
- 2. There may be several good approaches to marketing the item, you may have to try a few different ones and then measure the results of each and make comparisons.
- 3. The buyer may be oversold and then want his money back, it is well worth your while to thoroughly prepare the visitor and give him full information as to what the product is about so that he feels committed when he finally pulls the trigger.
- 4. Instant riches promised by slick internet marketers are pretty well non existent, buyer beware. If you are going to promote the immediate bucket of gold, you are going to lose readers and visitors as soon as they test your item.
- 5. One more critical item… .. is your affiliate product affordable …… can many of your visitors make the initial or the subsequent payments? Is the price paid going to generate the benefits offered.?
My view is that you want to find an affiliate program that has been in business for a few years, one that offers strong support to its affiliates, one that provides a lot of good and ethical promotional methods, and one that pays out promptly.
Choose a Solid Company to be Affiliate Manager
Each area listed above needs to be pondered by you, the affiliate manager, as you are selecting the affiliate program for your promotion efforts.
My personal choice for an affiliate program, based on it having been in existence for many years with a steady growth record, is the SiteBuildIt affiliate program. You can check it out on the link below.