The barcodes They are made up of numbers that are not random, that is, they are not made up of numbers that do not make sense in their sequence.
On the contrary, the set of numbers contains a prefix that is the identification of the company followed by the number that represents the series of the product, whose information allows the code to be scanned.
How barcodes are generated
If your products do not have barcodes, you can generate them as follows:
- Before generating the barcodes for your products, configure them at the point of sale.
- Register your company in GS1, it is a non-profit company with global standards for the creation of the barcode, for which you will receive the set of numbers with the prefix of your company.
Simply by entering the official site you will complete the application and follow the instructions.
- Choose the type of barcode you prefer, it can be EA, corresponding to Latin America, Africa, Asia and Europe or UPC, corresponding to Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and North America.
- There are also other versions such as EAN13 with up to 13 numbers and EAN-8 with up to 8 numbers.
- But regardless of the version you choose, previously remember to have the inventory of your products so that you know the identification number found at the point of sale.
- You can also use an online barcode generator like barcode.tec.it.
- On the left of the screen choose EAN / UPC and you will find the different types of barcodes.
Scrolling down will find the EAN / UPC heading and expand it by clicking on it.
Place the cursor on the list of categories and if you want to create another type of code, click on the one you want.
- Under EAN / UPC choose the variation by clicking on the options.
- To the right of the categories you will find a text box where you will delete the text after having chosen the type of code.
- In the text box write the prefix that GS1 gave you.
- Write the number that corresponds to the product without spaces between the product number and the prefix.
- Below and to the right of the text box you will click the Update link and the preview will update with the prefix and product number.
If you notice an error, re-enter the code and choose a different format.
- On the right side of the page, click Download, it will be downloaded to your computer and when you finish downloading you will print it and place it in the corresponding product.
Bar codes CODE128 with Microsoft Office
- Although you will not be able to create an EAN or UPC code, with Microsoft Office you can generate a CODE128 barcode.
- Open a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and click Workbook.
- Enter this information: In A1 write Type, in B1 write Label, in C1 write Barcode, in A2 write CODE128, in B2 write the prefix and the product number, in C2 write the same data again: the prefix and the number of the product.
- Save the document with one click on File, Save As, double click on This PC, one click on Desktop, in the file name type barcodeen, click on Save and close Excel.
1. Readers of barcode they are point of sale scanners commonly known as POS or price scanner. In general terms, they are devices for reading and capturing information contained in the barcode.
- In fact, it is made up of a decoder, an external scanner or integrated with a cable for connecting the reader to a computer.
- It simply captures and translates the barcode to send the data to a computer so that software can decode it.
- The scanners are connected through a serial port while a reader performs its operation through a beam of light that passes through the barcode and decodes by measuring the amount of reflected light.
- Basic readers can be slot scanners, pens, laser scanners, image scanners, or CCDs (Pair Charging Devices.
- The pen is the most common and simple reader with no low cost moving parts and it works by making contact with the barcode while maintaining a specific angle and movement on the barcode.
- CCD is a common retail scanner with a good reading range that is kept one inch away from the barcode to fulfill its function, but does not fulfill its function if the code is wider than its input.
The most famous barcode scanner is the HoneyWell Scanning & Mobility, handheld, which provides intuitive scanning with precision.
Downloading the free application from the Play Store with your mobile phone that runs with Andriod, you can scan a QR code or a barcode, as the camera serves as a scanner in this way:
- On your computer, open the Play Store and find the application in the list.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Type barcode scanner or Barcode Scanner.
- Make a touch on QR & Barcode Scanner.
- Tap on Install.
- Make a touch on OK.
- When the application was downloaded and when it was installed, tap on Open.
- Focus the barcode with your camera.
- Check that the QR code is aligned on the viewer.
- Make an adjustment with the distance between the code and the camera to get a good focus.
- With the equipment firmly in your hand you will scan the code and once done you will hear that it vibrates and emits a sound.
Online barcode generator
As an online barcode generator you have:
1.Go to online-barcode-generator.net
- Choose the box: QR code, codabar, code 11, code 39, code 93, code 128, GS1-128 (UCC / EAN-1287, EAN-8, EAN-13 and click Create.
- You can also choose: Regular text, hyperewnlcem email address, meCard or WiFi settings and click Create.
You can choose another online generator such as:
- Go to barcode-generastor.org.
- You can create a free QR code by choosing between CODE qr, code 128 standard, Code 39, UPC-A, and click on Create QR code.