Countries that speak spanish in addition to Spain and those of the American continent there are many either as an official language or a second language, as an example is Equatorial Guinea in Africa where Spanish is the official language.
You want to know how many are the Countries that speak spanish as the official language and how many are or which ones have the most Spanish speakers? And who are the ones who speak Catalan? Well, all this information that interests you will be found below:
What are the countries where Spanish is spoken?
Due to the number of people in the countries where Spanish is spoken It is considered the fourth language, being that it is located in the third place as the one most used to produce information and therefore with the most number of users on the web.
Even in addition to the Countries that speak spanish as an official or unofficial language it is official in the UN, African Union, EU, OAS, Union of South American Nations, North American Free Trade Agreement, Organization of Ibero-American States, African States, Antarctic Treaty, Caribbean Community , International Association of Athletics Federations, FIFA and FIBA as international organizations.
- 74% of the population of Equatorial Guinea speaks Spanish natively.
- 93% of the Andorran population speaks Spanish despite the fact that its official language is Catalan.
- 59% of the inhabitants of the Netherlands Antilles speak Spanish.
- 52% of Belize also speak Spanish.
- 36% of the inhabitants of the island of Guam speak Spanish.
- Although not as an official language, Spanish is also spoken in Western Sahara, Norway, Virgin Islands, Canada, Australia, Trinidad and Tobago, Morocco, Brazil and Algeria.
- In addition to these countries, Spanish is also spoken in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, the Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Which are the countries that speak Spanish as an official language?
The countries where Spanish is spoken as an official language there are 20, one of them in Africa, one in Europe and 18 in America.
- More than 47 million speakers in Colombia.
- More than 47 million people in Spain.
- More than 33 million people in Venezuela.
- More than 30 million people in Peru.
- More than 17 million people in Ecuador.
- More than 16 million people in Guatemala.
- More than 9 million people in the Dominican Republic.
- More than 13 million people in Cuba.
- More than 7 million people in Honduras.
- More than 8 million people in Bolivia.
- More than 6 million people in El Salvador.
- More than 56 million people in Nicaragua.
- More than 6 million people in Paraguay.
- More than 4 million people in Costa Rica.
- More than 3 million people in Panama.
16 More than 47 million people in Spain
- More than 108 million people in Mexico as the de facto official language
- More than 40 million people in Argentina as the de facto official language.
- More than 16 million people in Chile as the de facto official language.
- More than 3 million people in Uruguay as the de facto official language.
What are the 21 countries that speak Spanish?
Then you know What are the 21 countries where Spanish is spoken?, They are:
Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua. Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Equatorial Guinea.
What is the country that has the most Spanish speakers?
To know What is the country that has the most Spanish speakers? If you want to travel and you want to be understood and understand a conversation, then Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world since it has a worldwide presence.
- Taking into account the world population and that 7.8% are Spanish speakers, Mexico is in first place with 122.2 million speakers and taking into account the world GDP its 6.4% represents Spanish-speaking countries.
- The second place is occupied by Colombia with 48.4 million speakers.
- In third place is Spain with 46 million speakers.
- In fourth place is the United States with 42.5 million people at the native level and with limited proficiency in Spanish it reaches 14.9 million, since Spanish is not an official language in the United States.
Where is Catalan spoken?
You know Where is Catalan spoken?, well…
- In the eastern fringe of Aragon, Catalan is considered an official and proper language with 90% of speakers and 30% can write it and it is where Spanish is most widely spoken. In the territory made up of Matarraña and La Litera, Catalan is spoken in half of the municipalities of Bajo Aragón – Caspe, Bajo Cinca and Ribagorza.
- In Catalonia it is considered as its own and co-official language together with Occitan, which is an Aranese variant, and Spanish. Catalan is the main language of Catalonia.
In the same way that Catalan is considered as its own language in Catalonia, it is in the Arán Valley considered in this way.
- In the Valencian community it is also considered as its own language and is official in conjunction with Spanish.
- In France, the North Catalonia territory of the counties of Cerdanya and Roussillon, Catalan is an unofficial language.
- In Italy, on the island of Sardinia and Alghero, with a variant of Alghero, by law it defends the use of the Catalan language.
- In any case, the use of Catalan is characterized by social bilingualism, for example in Alghero it coexists with Sardinian, in Roussillon it coexists with French and in Andorra it coexists with French and Spanish although according to the Andorran constitution Catalan is the only official language.